ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which is the best deal - Apple Macs

Arctic 182 FF
Re: which is the best deal - Apple Mac's

The MacBook Pro has the better spec and should be ok! The refurbed unit would be fine I'm sure, but it's obviously not brand new, as long as its got some warranty and your ok with it not being new then saves you some £££

Re: which is the best deal - Apple Mac's

The Air is the older model. The refurb is an "early 2011" and is very similar to the new model but with a slightly less powerful processor and graphics card iirc. There would be very little difference when using them. It does show the refurb has Snow Leopard which is again an older version of the operating system (only by 1, would be about £30 to upgrade to the newest version iirc)

If you don't have to go through PC World then http://store.apple.com/uk/product/FC965B/A that might be a better option. The only thing lacking is the hard drive space unless you use an external drive.

2.2 bar shed.
Give us a shout if you're stuck for a student. I can buy stuff on discount from Apple again now its 2012.

I know you're female and therefor not very good at listening but why are you completely ignoring everyone?

That's an old model.

Brum isn't very far to save 30% and get a new one.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i got told students only get 10%?

Im not really too arsed if its an older model, it will still be a world better than my current one surely

Well yeah, but if you could have a 2011 model, that's better than 2010?

Nope. Stupid discount on notebooks is pretty hefty. Might not be 30%. But it's more than 10%.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
would i notice £150 difference tho between the refurb and using a student discount on a new one

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
New is new, plus students get THREE YEARS free applecare. So yes, I'd say it's 100% worth it.

The refurb units are great, but you don't get a box, (which is a thing of beauty :eek:) and the three years apple care is honestly epic. Mine's 14 months old now and the battery is starting to drop off, one appointment and it'll be replace FOC. :D

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
oh n you only get one year apple care with a staudent discount. i

recaro 182 ill have a look

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
lol money isnt the issue, in the slightest.. its the justification behind it.. im not one of those people comfortable spending a grand on a computer, when one thats £500 will do roughly the same thing haha

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
lol money isnt the issue, in the slightest.. its the justification behind it.. im not one of those people comfortable spending a grand on a computer, when one thats £500 will do roughly the same thing haha

It won't. I assure you.

You could have bought a 15 year old MX5 as "it does roughly the same thing" as your Z4.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I'll be looking at getting one in a months or so.

But do the 13" models look to small? I can't remember seeing one before?

fiesta 1.25
Or just click the link Adam posted. You don't need to be a student and you get more than student discount iirc. I paid £859 for a brand new MacBook Pro 13" with 3 years applecare then got iWork for £29

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
yeah u have to be a student or a teacher, they have the right to request ID at any time and can cancel your order

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
New is new, plus students get THREE YEARS free applecare. So yes, I'd say it's 100% worth it.

The refurb units are great, but you don't get a box, (which is a thing of beauty :eek:) and the three years apple care is honestly epic. Mine's 14 months old now and the battery is starting to drop off, one appointment and it'll be replace FOC. :D

The Applecare plus saving is worth about £300 on the base spec MBP. Obviously comparing like for like, so 3 year apple care.

Find a student would be my advice.

Drive to Birmingham takes 2 hours each way from the NW and costs £30, which in turn saves you £300.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I'll be looking at getting one in a months or so.

But do the 13" models look to small? I can't remember seeing one before?

I use a 15" laptop for work and had a 15" before, and I don't notice any difference TBH.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
The Applecare plus saving is worth about £300 on the base spec MBP. Obviously comparing like for like, so 3 year apple care.

Find a student would be my advice.

Drive to Birmingham takes 2 hours each way from the NW and costs £30, which in turn saves you £300.

£30 what are you driving!!? tbh its £50 + but thats not the point lol. be reet ill work something out.. deffo need one tho :D

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Uni students ordering online still get 3 year warranty, I just checked. Its not actually applecare as it doesn't include year 2 and 3 phone support, but thats crap anyway.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
£30 what are you driving!!? tbh its £50 + but thats not the point lol. be reet ill work something out.. deffo need one tho :D

Drive more economically.

200 miles at 35MPG at £1.319 per litre is £34.26.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
the day i see 35mpg will be a good day! anyway thats not the point is it haha.

going to have a look at the weekend :D