ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Kindle to get, Touch or Standard

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Want to get myself a Wifi Kindle, which would you go for out of the current standard one or the soon to be released Touch?

The Touch does have the increased storage and battery life, it's a little chunkier and whilst it looks nice to not have buttons everywhere I prefer the slimmer bezel etc of the standard one.

But for the sake of £20 which is neither here nor there any point not going for the Touch?

Citroen DS3 DSport
I opted to buy the standard Kindle and think it is excellent. I think it looks more neat than the Touch.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I'm 90% sold on getting the standard one tbh, the only thing with the looks I prefer is not having the row of buttons at the bottom, everything else I think the standard looks better.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
The screen is the same, just there's an IR overlay (hence the thicker rim around the edge) that detects where your finger is. It's not a pressure/condctive type touch screen. I think.

Cheers for the offer Conneh but have got some Amazon vouchers to use up.

Bus w**ker
Standard. Touch is pointless and will get annoying when the screen is covered in finger prints.

Clio 172
If you can get your hands on the Fire from the US its pretty good.

I have it and managed to follow a couple of guides to install Android 4 on it and it works all right - nothing mind blowing. Its $200 and you can do most things on it like surfing the net, reading books, install games etc.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
If you can get your hands on the Fire from the US its pretty good.

I have it and managed to follow a couple of guides to install Android 4 on it and it works all right - nothing mind blowing. Its $200 and you can do most things on it like surfing the net, reading books, install games etc.

Might as well get a normal Android tablet if you want to do that.. the whole point of the Fire is the connectivity with the store!

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Had it a few days now and one of those things where I think why the hell didn't stop faffing around and get one sooner.