ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which oil

mk1 172

right folks,

the car is up for a service in june, i am supplying my own oil to the garage.....which should i get ? mk1 172

cheers

Elf 5/40 is the stuff I believe, Im sure someone will give you the full description number etc.

You can either use the Silkolene Pro S 5 w 40 supplied by Oilman (Simon) or the Elf Excellium LDX 5 w 40 as supplied by Debra at Total Butler in Castleford........the details are as follows: -

Oilman can be contacted via the forum and I think its about £27 for 5 litres.

And Debz can be contacted on 01977 603363 and its £69 inclusive of vat and delivery for 24 litres............remember though you must ask for Debra :cool:

Cya Stu

[Edited by stusV6 on 17 May 2005 at 9:17pm]

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

So whats the deal with moving to full synth? Sure I read somewhere that you shouldnt until car had done 6k+? Assume its OK for me to put Excellium when I get the oil a first change done at around 2k?

You can use fully at 2k, use 5w-40 fully synthetic.

I have many (just email me for a price list) they range from £22-£32 for 4/5 litres depending on basestock quality.

Cheers, Simon

CTR

Oilman - since youre the man in the know, when do you think is best for a first oil change? 1000 / 2000, or do you not think its necessary till 6 or 12000? Cheers

Stu.

I changed mine to fully synth at 3k, the original oil was thick black and lumpy when it came out, would recommend people to change it then.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

Quote: Originally posted by stusV6 on 17 May 2005

You can either use the Silkolene Pro S 5 w 40 supplied by Oilman (Simon) or the Elf Excellium LDX 5 w 40 as supplied by Debra at Total Butler in Castleford........the details are as follows: -

Oilman can be contacted via the forum and I think its about £27 for 5 litres.

And Debz can be contacted on 01977 603363 and its £69 inclusive of vat and delivery for 24 litres............remember though you must ask for Debra :cool:

Cya Stu

[Edited by stusV6 on 17 May 2005 at 9:17pm]
Mine just turned up today from Debz at Total Butler. Top service and top price !

Quote: Originally posted by Pete on 18 May 2005

I changed mine to fully synth at 3k, the original oil was thick black and lumpy when it came out, would recommend people to change it then.

If thats the deal then Id be changing it at 500/1000 miles just to be on the safe side eh :D

Cya Stu

PS maurice what are you waiting on then get it changed :D

[Edited by stusV6 on 18 May 2005 at 1:59pm]

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

^^ Saturday hopefully!

Not doin it myself because i think the oil filter is a bit of a nightmare without a ramp.

Well maurice if you live in the south of England hat seems to be what happens..............prices go up :confused:

Cya Stu

PS although its actually £30 for me but I get discount so that makes it £25 :)

[Edited by stusV6 on 18 May 2005 at 2:30pm]

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

I live in the north west. Goin to try a couple others coz there is no way im payin 40 odd quid for them to drop the oil and change a filter.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

ready for this guys ................

the other dealer near me ....... £69 inc vat for oil change with me supplying the oil.

WTF !!!!!!!!!!!!!! .....

Quote: Originally posted by jay on 18 May 2005

Ive got 2700 miles on my 182 now, do you think I should get my oil changed at 3000?

If its the first oil change then Id say why wait till 3000 Jay..............Id also get them to flush it aswell :cool:

Cya Stu

PS maurice I know Liam182 paid £27 for his oil change.......hes in West Yorshire.