ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which pads... Menz or SFX?

Good morning

Just about to order a G220 and never used a machine polisher like this before, so very much an amateur.

Getting 2x Cutting 5", 2x Cutting 4", 2x Polishing 5" and 2x Polishing 4" pads.

Been offered either Menz pads (apparently more correction) or SFX pads (apparently last longer).

I haven't got a jeffing clue, what do you think!?

Ta.

106 GTi
You need some finishing pads there to !

I would get a couple of SFX pad kits in each size and a couple of the Menzerna Polishing pads.

In most big correction Jobs I use the SFX pads, though on my own car and on quick once overs on good shape paint the Menzerna Pad and something like Menzerna Final Finish is all you need and then can wax or seal straight after.

The Menz polishing pad works well because it is inbetween the SFX polishing and cutting pads but still allows you to finish down to a LSP ready finsih - I love them my fave pad.

Thanks for your advice.

I'd also read that SFX pads were easier to use, especially in regard to paint correction and as I'm an amateur (never used a machine) this appeals!

I've now ordered a G220, a couple of 4" compound and polishing pads, a couple of 5" compound and polishing pads, Menz Int and Final Finish polish and as mine has had it, a wash mitt.

Looking forward to Christmas now, building up a tidy little collection ;)

106 GTi
I have not tried the Menz compounding pads they are meant to be very very firm.