ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which pressure washer

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
My 2 1/2 year old Karcher K2 has died, it seems this isn't unusual with Karcher these days. Has anyone any suggestions for a new one on a similar price bracket, maybe £150 max?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I kept going through ‘cheap’ jet washes and had enough. They feel cheap, they’re not good and they’re too fragile.

I bought a Kranzle K10 in the end. About £470 all in but it has a proper heavy duty 15m hose and can run all day long. It’s also about eleventy billion times quieter than than the cheap Karcher/Nilfisk things.

More money but will last a lot longer and I actually enjoy using it.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah we have one in work. First one lasted about 5 years. Current one has been ace. Dearer but very good.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I've had my karscher 50 quid briefcase sized washer for 15 years now and it's never skipped a beat. Think they made them better back then :ROFLMAO:

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
My first Nilfisk lasted 5 or 6 years. Second one burnt out and gave electric shocks after just a year.

Nilfisk were decent though and I got a brand new replacement. See how this one goes! (I probably use it every two-three weeks on average).

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Nilfisk pressure washers are decent enough for a weekly wash of the car. Both mine lasted around 5 years. No point I’m buying an expensive one. £100 gets you all that’s needed for car washing and quick going over of the patio.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I bought a refurbished Nilfisk E145 five years ago for £140 including a ten meter rubber hose (not one of those short plastic curly things).

It's started pulsing a bit after I left it in the shed during a cold spell but it's still going strong, just refuses to die and is used once or twice a week.

Definitely worth keeping an eye on the nilfisk outlet shop.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Kranzle all the way. Anyone who has used one will say the same.

Like Apple kit. Once you go Kranzle/Apple you’ll never go back.

My 1052TST out performs most petrol station jet washes. I’m amazed every time I use it.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I'd definitely go Kranzle as well but which one would one get for £150?

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Been through 3 Karchers and 2 Nilfisks in the space of about 5 years.
Bought a Kranzle TS1050 and never looked back. Different league of build quality to the cheap chinese plastic tat.
Little more money, alot more machine.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I've had my karscher 50 quid briefcase sized washer for 15 years now and it's never skipped a beat. Think they made them better back then :ROFLMAO:
I'd agree. My mum has an old karcher in the garage that shes owned about 10 years.

Still goes strong now!

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Thanks chaps, I borrowed my dads Stihl yesterday, i think it was about £350 new. Its bloody heavy and only marginally better than my crapped out Karcher, may last longer however.

I really don't want to go over £150 so I'll look at Nilfisk, I replaced the armature in the karcher only a few months ago after it melted just out of guarantee only to go again.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Thanks chaps, I borrowed my dads Stihl yesterday, i think it was about £350 new. Its bloody heavy and only marginally better than my crapped out Karcher, may last longer however.

I really don't want to go over £150 so I'll look at Nilfisk, I replaced the armature in the karcher only a few months ago after it melted just out of guarantee only to go again.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I'd definitely go Kranzle as well but which one would one get for £150?

Having owned a Nilfisk for a number of years, and quite often picking up the hose instead I’d just save the money towards a Kranzle and keep saving.

Honestly, the difference is night and day and it’ll be the last pressure washer you ever buy.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Having owned a Nilfisk for a number of years, and quite often picking up the hose instead I’d just save the money towards a Kranzle and keep saving.

Honestly, the difference is night and day and it’ll be the last pressure washer you ever buy.
I agree but sometimes a budget has to be stuck to

Reactions: riz

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I agree but sometimes a budget has to be stuck to

True but it does make me laugh when people who seem to be into car cleaning refuse to spend £500 on a power washer which they’ll use every wash for the rest of their life but will happily spend £100+ on a fancy wax, ceramic coating or polisher, not to mention all the other cash we throw at detailing equipment.

Out of all the detailing stuff I own (probably £1000s) my pressure washer is by far the best value for money equipment I own along with my bucket and wash mitt.

Cliocup182!

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 cup
Nilfisk P150 or P160... definitely worth the extra money. Can be used around the garden too and has proper brass fittings and a proper heavy duty hose found on commercial (not domestic) machines which will last and not be a total pain to work with.

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Nilfisk C110.

Granted mine only gets used once every few weeks but I've had mine around 10 years and it's still going strong.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Another nilfisk vote here c120 had it 6 years done a lot of work still going is getting a bit tired now but shall replace with another nilfisk

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
As said mines a very old K2 and it's been bombproof, I guess the newer gen ones aren't as good.
Yeah I think that's probably true, it worked fine, no issues with that side of things until it went no worky

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I used to go through Karcher machines every two years (so I'm not so sure about them being built better) until about five years ago when I bought a commercial Karcher... never had an issue since. Issue with domestic Karcher machines is they're built to last 200 hours and if you're like me you're cleaning the car maybe once or twice a week during summer for minimum an hours use at least and then during winter once every two weeks for at least an hour. The internals of the domestic machines are plastic and that's another reason they don't last and die over winter because people don't get all of the water out of them and throw them in the shed.

I can't speak for Kranzle but I do know their good and if I ever need to buy a new machine I'd probably go for one of their machines.

Machine choice though really does depend on how much you're going to use it, if you only wash your car once every Blue moon then don't go spending money, if you're like me and wash it at least once a week spend the extra cash. It will serve you better over the long run.

Karcher have been great for me personally. My K3 was ancient and battered before it broke.

My mate bought a Nilfisk C130 a year ago. He says he used a max of 10 times and it's completely stopped working..

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Reactions: MLB

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin

I've been recommended one of these, going to order one on the next round that come out

That’s looks great!

Fwiw I've bought off these a couple of times and have the AB9, no issues to report from my end, I use it in a domestic setting so not 8 hours a day every day.

Machine itself is very quiet vs the Nilfisk i had, quality rubber hose...not tried to use the pw for garden jobs so not sure how it fairs in that sense but for the car its great. I do wish i'd bought the longer 10m hose instead of 5m as i find myself constantly walking back around the car to get full coverage.

Just to balance out the comments re customer service, I cant fault the guys personally and happily recommend them and the AB9!

Reactions: MLB

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Karcher K3.575. Bought A grade over 10 years ago and hasn’t missed a beat. Used weekly and for occasional patio washing duties. I had a Nilfisk once and it lasted a few months.

Only hiccup with mine was when I ran the outlet pipe over and had to replace it. Easy enough job.

When it dies I’ll either go Karcher Pro or Kranzle.