ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Sat Nav

clio 182 black /gold
Hi there i was wondering which sat nav's you guys use? I have a tom-tom one XL. The maps are out of date. It will cost about £45 to update them.
So i was wondering should i upgrade or just buy one with lifetime map upgrades. I am not bothered over Bluetooth but it has to be European maps.
Thanks Lee :).

What about using it on your phone?

I have Copilot on my phone, cost me £30 for the whole of EU, and I get free updates and free traffic for a year (which I've since paid an extra £8 or so for this year). Seems just as good as TomTom (used to use TomTom on my phone previously).

Clio 200 Cup
I can recommend CoPilot as well. It's just not just good because it only cost £20 for UK maps, it's as good as if not better than the garmins and tom toms.
Bought a Kenu Airframe which mounts my phone onto the air vents at eye level so it turns my phone into a proper sat nav without leaving suction marks on the windscreen.

clio 182 black /gold
What about using it on your phone?

I have Copilot on my phone, cost me £30 for the whole of EU, and I get free updates and free traffic for a year (which I've since paid an extra £8 or so for this year). Seems just as good as TomTom (used to use TomTom on my phone previously).

I can recommend CoPilot as well. It's just not just good because it only cost £20 for UK maps, it's as good as if not better than the garmins and tom toms.
Bought a Kenu Airframe which mounts my phone onto the air vents at eye level so it turns my phone into a proper sat nav without leaving suction marks on the windscreen.

Thanks guys. :). I am just looking in to this now. Can it be transferred to another phone? Or do you have to buy it again when you change the phone?

Thanks guys. :). I am just looking in to this now. Can it be transferred to another phone? Or do you have to buy it again when you change the phone?

Depends on the phone - if it's Android based it's tied to your Google account, so will work on any other android phone afaik. I assume it's the same with Apple phones too, though not 100%.

clio 182 black /gold
Depends on the phone - if it's Android based it's tied to your Google account, so will work on any other android phone afaik. I assume it's the same with Apple phones too, though not 100%.
Cheers. It is a google account. :D.

I got a TomTom XL with all the route changing navigation & phone connectivity for xmas, really good stuff!

But as above Ive often found that the way phones are going, they work just aswell now!