ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which shocks for 100mm lowered clio

My clio is lowered 55mm front & around 80-100mm rear. I can have 1 person at the back but i get some rubbing at the rear on bumps & nasty pot holes.

I want to get uprated shocks at the rear so which ones do you guys recomend? will uprated shocks solve this problem cos i think my current standard shocks are gone.

im running 15 inch alloys on 185/55/15 tyres.

Corsa 2.0 16v baby

you can solve this problem by raising your car aprox 40-60mm at the rear and 20mm at the front, genius!

if u like replacing bearings and a back breakin ride u could try konis or even renault clio van shocks (stiffer)

ps you cars probably too low and will be dangerous as the handeling has be compramised :cry:

have u taken out ur arch guards! first thing to do if u aint!

i would get Koni, PI or spax shocks or match the springs uve got on the front!

dont wana raise the car...looks really good like this.

ive taken all the mud guards out.

what i want to know is if i get uprated shocks, will they support the weight better & not rub when i go over bumps & big pot holes like it does now?

thats good.

yea its mainly the back, but only when i have 1 person at the back + i got some heavy ice in the car so thats lowered the car by another 20 mm atleast i think.

cant really see where its catching.

100mm?!?

Mine rubs on 195/50/15 with a 35mm drop on the back... had to file away the arch lip... Im guessing 100mm itll be majorly decked.. heh.

i got 195/50/15 wit a 70mm on the bak and i could av 3 people in the bak and nuffin but i aint got bak seats now so dont matter!

My offset was, um, 36? Whatever Phase2 16v Alloys were tho.. so they really fill the arch nicely.

Mine doesnt grind now with people in back.. just on bad corners, on a sharp bump at speed.. some light filing will sort that tho - used to be really bad!

Yea it looks mint like this.

Im looking at the demon tweeks catalogue & ive seen some G-max shocks in there for £32 each for the rear. How good are these & will they be ok to use in my car?

Id go for Avo or something personally.. adjustables.. possible Coilover setup then you get the flexibility at the front!

Dunno what GMAX are like, I have GMAX Springs on mine and they seem ok - not sure about shocks tho.

Uprated rear shockers will make no difference what so ever. By lowering your car this much you are serverely limiting the distance at which the shockers can work over. They can only absorb bumps and damp the movement in the beam if they can turn the linear movement of the piston in the body into compression of a gas or displacment or a liquid (or a combination of both)

No rear shocks for a road car will work over 10-20mm travel they will just bottom and top out and then become useless. The only way to get suspension travel is to raise the ride height (or move the mouting points of the shocker to make them more upright and increase their travel, but that aint gonna happen!)

Sorry but you just cant have it low and handling sweet!