ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which tyres and where to buy?

PH2 172
Hi gues, my 172 is due some new tyres soonish, so just thought i would get some oppinions as to what to go for?

Have heard good things about Toyo T1R's, but tried them for a little while and didnt rate them in the wet at all, any other recommendations?

Also, where best to buy them, im assuming a website such as black circles, but thought id see if tehre was anywhere people had recommendations for?

Based in Oxford, but dont mind rtavelling abit if its going to be a good saving! :)

Thanks

Nothing at the mo :(
Camskill.co.uk plus i have T1R's on mine.. brillant tyre.. shouldnt be pushing it in the wet anyways lol

Clio 182
I havn't heard many great reviews about T1-R's either if i'm honest, I've got pilots all round and a set of R888's on the front which I'm only using for the quarter mile i'd say a good all round tyre are Goodyear F1's

www.blackcircles.co.uk (or .com) I bought my last tyres from.

PH2 172
Just looked up costco, but im guessing you have to be a retailer or somehow affiliated, which im not :( any other ideas?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Just looked up costco, but im guessing you have to be a retailer or somehow affiliated, which im not :( any other ideas?

Where do you work, i get membership because my work are on their approved list or something, also get it if your in the emergency services. Even still, just find someone with their own business and take them with you to get them :)

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
my vote goes to T1R's from camskill

best dedicated road tyre for the price i have had on my clio by a mile. who cares if they only last 10k they are only £29 a corner.

RB 182 cup
im currently running a full set of these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/195-45R16-YOK...wItem&pt=UK_Cars_Tyres_RL&hash=item5d298f61fd

cost me 178 quid for four when i got them

they were sooo much better than the pirelli's that were on before and also the paradas that were on my track wheels. good in the dry and very good in the wet too. had a few laps of rockingham at fcs too and i just cant fault them really. cant really say too much on durability due to not haing them long, but they still look like new

I used to run the T1R's and did not like them at all, especially with the numbee of times I was on track. They just wore down so quickly. They're cheap and cheerful so are ok for those who will just use the car on a day-to-day basis. This time I have gone for the CS original... the Michelin PE2. Ok, they're not that cheap, but they're a very good tyre!

I was quoted approx. £180 for 2 for my Ph2 172 (195 45 R16) but my mate at Kwik-Fit (who's the manager) did me a special deal for two at £160... fitted :)

PH2 172
Just browsing the Net and a company called MacSams seem to have extremely cheap prices?

Including 4 Conti sports fitted for under £300, anyone heard anything about them??