ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which would you buy as a fun car a 172 cup or ff 182

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
hu guys

i have owned both and liked them both but really cant decide

the 172 cup is cheaper and more raw but no abs

where the 182 is more and is more boring but has abs

i have seen a really nice 20000 mile 172 cup with climate for 6k and loads of 182s with cup packs for around 7k

i have 8k to spend

ps dont suggest the 182 cup as i dont class that as a proper cup

many thanks rich

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
172 cups is about a person lighter than a 172/182 so imagine driving your car with a person in all the time, thats how much more resposnive it must be.

b/g 182, meg tourer
172 cups is about a person lighter than a 172/182 so imagine driving your car with a person in all the time, thats how much more resposnive it must be.

sorry mate not wanting to start a war or anything! lol. calm down!

take it you have driven both cars then?
not a lot in it at all but i prefer driving my 182 to my brothers ph1 172.
just my opinoin, NOT a fact

b/g 182, meg tourer
oh and my car is around half a person lighter than a standard 182 anyway!

and i do find it fun.
its not like im saying 172 are s**t or anything. i think they are great

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
this chap makes me laugh, he owned about 4 172/182's in the last year i'm sure!!!!!

178hp 172 Cup

sorry mate not wanting to start a war or anything! lol. calm down!

take it you have driven both cars then?
not a lot in it at all but i prefer driving my 182 to my brothers ph1 172.
just my opinoin, NOT a fact

i hav driven both!! on road and on track and i would say that the cup defo handles better than a cup packed 182!! the misses has the 182 and i hav the cup. i could hav brought myself a 182 but wanted a little bit more raw fun and the cup is defo that!! if i want jus a bit of fun its the cup all day long but if u like ur creature comforts then the 182 is more u!!

i have seen a really nice 20000 mile 172 cup with climate for 6k

Get a real one without; it'll slow you down ;)

If its just a fun car (second car I assume) I'd get a 172 Cup simply as its cheaper*. The only reason you're considering a 182 appears to be ABS (correct?); seems a bit odd IMHO.

*Insurance might put a spanner in the works there :rolleyes:

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
this chap makes me laugh, he owned about 4 172/182's in the last year i'm sure!!!!!

Just make sure he stays away from CAT C & D this time :slap:

182, winter is culling season for the Cup :butt:

Runs & hides ;)

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6

Just make sure he stays away from CAT C & D this time :slap:

182, winter is culling season for the Cup :butt:

Runs & hides ;)

thats not fair 1 cat d out of 5 clios i have owned its always the 1 you dont hpi:slap:

i love both and it must seem like i collect them but think maybe the 172 cup (this week lol)

LY V6 with Recaros
You said you're after the fun car and you said you thought the 172 cup was the most fun so that one I suppose. (I'd still have the 182 though ;) )

182 has now gone!
I have a 182, but would say if you want a fun car then it would be the 172 cup all the way....

Nippy white cup
Is the other 2k going to be spent. I would probably get a few choice mods (exhaust/decat, BMC induction and remap) and probably brakes (suspension is fine if you aren't too bothered about spending loads on coilovers etc) then do a few trackdays.

Chris

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I've driven a 172. I've driven a 172 Cup. Iv'e driven a 182 FF and i've driven a V6.

Not wanting to get anyones back up but the 172 was...well...almost a bit dull.
The 172 Cup...which i own..still astounds me.
The 182 FF has the toys and does feel a bit quicker top end but i don't like the seats and it doesn't feel as quick off the mark.
The V6 is fun in the way it feels completely flat in corners it almost defies physics and EVERYONE stares at you!

I'm going to be stupid here but if its a fun car, that'll mean not many miles and creature comforts to a minimum.

Get the ultimate and get a Williams.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
i have seen a really nice 20000 mile 172 cup with climate for 6k

Get a real one without; it'll slow you down ;)

If its just a fun car (second car I assume) I'd get a 172 Cup simply as its cheaper*. The only reason you're considering a 182 appears to be ABS (correct?); seems a bit odd IMHO.

*Insurance might put a spanner in the works there :rolleyes:

You'll only need ABS once to appreciate it's value. I'm looking for another 172 at the mo, but I drive my gfriend and family around a lot, so lack of ABS is a no-no for me.