ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whine on acceleration

Renault Clio Sport 182
Hey all,

Sorry to write another Clio Sport faulty mechanics post but... on acceleration above 3k or so in the rev range there is a rather high pitch whining noise - (the whine sounds almost like the BMW Cooper S if you have ever been in one?)

It had its aux/cam belts changed last year and has just had £850 on a service/MOT spent on it today (ouch!!) I hoped after bringing it to the garage's attention it would have disappeared when collected tonight but unfortunately not.

Is it maybe a badly/too tightly fitted belt somewhere?

Not a mechanic by any means so in layman's terms if you please :star:

Thanks

clio 172 no2/ yzf r1
sounds like the diff m8 ,mines currently being done due to that noise...new gearbox time a video may provide a better diagnoses

Renault Clio Sport 182
Cheers for the post Seany

Ok i'll try and get a video up soon as I can.

I certainly hope it's nothing to do with the gearbox - I have it refurbished last year and the clutch replaced after a problem in the 2nd and 3rd chambers!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Are you sure it was "fully" refurbished? I bet it was bearings and synchros only and they missed the diffs crown and planetry gearing.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Hairline crack in the cat flange if it only happens at high revs like a high pitched whine ?

Renault Clio Sport 182
Hi Davo - on further inspection it actually does it throughout the rev range, not just a the high end as I wrote initially... And yeah it is like a high pitched whine. I will post a video on it in a second- see what you think

Renault Clio Sport 182
Yeah it does. The video I am posting is taking at a stand still (this will become obvious when you notice the bonnet is up... :p)