ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whiring noise? (video included)

So it's not the best video but my car doesn't feel right to drive its like rough through the steering wheel it feels like something is rubbing through the drive shafts it's an odd feeling also it's accompanied by this great whiring/whining noise (towards end of video)

Anyone any clues? Mainly when I lift off and engine braking comes into play or at higher speeds about 80mph

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio II 1.2 16V
Jack a wheels up one at a time, give it a good quick spin with your hands. listen for any noise, This will help to rule out a wheel bearing.

I have replaced both driveshafts oddly enough as it knocks when setting off of when I turn left but the knocking stayed

Scrappy - did it sound like what I have in the video mate? When that happened to you?

Thank you!

1987 Corvette C4 4+3
I have replaced both driveshafts oddly enough as it knocks when setting off of when I turn left but the knocking stayed

Scrappy - did it sound like what I have in the video mate? When that happened to you?

Thank you!

Sorry my speakers on my laptop are rubbish so i cant really hear anything, but i had the same thing you describe. Have you checked the wheel bearings?

Im sure they aren't matey :) not that I can see anyway will double check though and when I accelerate it tones the noise down (probably because I engine noise) and when I let off the throttle it whirs a lot more