ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

White 182 project

jaysmith

ClioSport Club Member
Hi just thought I would start a project thread for others and myself to look at progress of the car :)
I will update every thing I have done and doing gradually. Need to sort through pics properly and wil upload tonite if I can. Hope this works I am doing it on my fone lol.
Would appreciate your ideas, comments, and opinions. Thanks :) DSC_0358-1.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0359-1.jpg
    DSC_0359-1.jpg
    509.6 KB · Views: 263
  • DSC_0360-1.jpg
    DSC_0360-1.jpg
    523.7 KB · Views: 230
  Clio 1.5 dci
Good base to start with, need some more photos first but thins i would do would be to remove the stripes and sticker on the boot lid and sort the exhaust position out. IMO of course, but a nice car and as long as you like it that is what matters :)

jaysmith

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks ive been thinking of removing the stripes lol ive took friday off work so it will be getting a proper detail and removing the stickers :)
Hopefully my new grill and tpi wheel bolts will come before friday so I can get them done aswell :)

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Thanks ive been thinking of removing the stripes lol ive took friday off work so it will be getting a proper detail and removing the stickers :)
Hopefully my new grill and tpi wheel bolts will come before friday so I can get them done aswell :)

What grill did you go for?

Clio 1.5 dci
if i remember correctly but i'm probably wrong if you fit a v6/trophy spoiler don't you have to change the 'shocks' for the boot lid? someone will be along soon to give a definitive answer i'm sure

jaysmith

ClioSport Club Member
So i booked friday off work to give the clio a good detail :)

These are the products that we used :)

DSC_0383_zpsb5145a96.jpg

So the plan was to:

Wash
Iron x
Clay
Machine polish
Wax
Seal
Wax

Heres the car before:
DSC_0364_zps653dcdb1.jpg

DSC_0366_zpsd8d9927a.jpg

DSC_0368_zpscb5460b0.jpg

DSC_0369_zpsfb0bd3bf.jpg

So after a wash and iron x:
DSC_0373_zpsd3c1e617.jpg

DSC_0376_zps80b90116.jpg

DSC_0377_zps1fa6fd05.jpg

DSC_0378_zps2c2afe2b.jpg

After another wash and clayed:
DSC_0381_zpsdca9cddc.jpg

DSC_0382_zps47cd6b32.jpg

After a machine polish, wax, sealant and more wax it looked like this :)
DSC_0385_zpsd1ea7cc6.jpg

DSC_0386_zps30356919.jpg

DSC_0388_zps3134817b.jpg

DSC_0389_zps094a6bc9.jpg

DSC_0387_zps889b2b68.jpg

Didnt manage to get what i wanted to get done but booked monday off work aswel :)

The plan on monday:
Take stripes and stickers off
Start on the interior
Put new wheel bolts on and steam underneath off and white shiltz

Any comments, opinions and ideas welcome :)

jaysmith

ClioSport Club Member
Looks cracking mate! Like you said Stipes and stickes coming off will finish it off well :)
Also the french flag thing on the grille is not for me and put on some fresh plates or 3/4 plates.

Thanks mate pressed plates on the way :) i do like them 3/4 plates but cba with the hassle from the gringos lol as for the french thing i put it on to see if it will grow on me while im waiting for a new grill because that ones cracked :(

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
They make a big difference. Now get those stickers off and post some more pics, white 182's look fantastic. You could very easily make this into one of the best on here as you already have a big advantage with the colour.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
No worries mate, pm me whenever your ready :)

how much did you pay for the bolts btw? And was there a specific size you had to get etc?

jaysmith

ClioSport Club Member
wil do :)
50 quid for 20 but i didnt buy the locking nuts because ive seen/heard they rust lol
i think they were 12x1-50 tapered but be careful because i think it depends on what wheels you have .

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers mate, yea i wouldn't bother with them anyway. Clio wheels aren't exactly high on the shopping list when it comes to wheel burglars lol.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Looks good, really like the white but think they are ore special because they werent made by Renault

jaysmith

ClioSport Club Member
Hello
finally managed to get the stickers off :)
im very impressed with the way it looks now and for some reason it seems to look alot more wider at the front lol

DSC_0403_zpse734e56b.jpg

DSC_0404_zps90623000.jpg

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Looks loads better mate, such a nice 182 you have. Only other things i would do now would be to get a clean set of plates, you can get a fresh plain legal set off ebay for £11 posted for front and rear, then get a splitter for the front, genuine are really expensive but you can get a scoda splitter for about £14 that looks good. And maybe do the front and rear diamonds in black or anthracite to match the wheels.

jaysmith

ClioSport Club Member
thanks guys :)
i have got some pressed plates on the way but i dont know if i am making the right decision lol
as for the splitter thanks austin i will look out for one of them :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Looks much better with the stickers removed. As mentioned, white 1*2s look so good in white. TPI bolts look great, just make sure there looked after and cleaned. I've just given a set away due to them being rusty. Disappointing really as it lets a nice looking bolt down. What's planned next?

jaysmith

ClioSport Club Member
Looks much better with the stickers removed. As mentioned, white 1*2s look so good in white. TPI bolts look great, just make sure there looked after and cleaned. I've just given a set away due to them being rusty. Disappointing really as it lets a nice looking bolt down. What's planned next?

thanks :) i didnt think they rust but i will take care of them, bluddy expensive lol
erm . . .
trophy spoiler - on way
sachs - on way
pressed paltes - on way
maybe some wind deflecters unsure tho lol
new exhaust as the standard one has done 48k and is on its way lol
polybush whole car
uprated brakes as myn are buggered lol
full service cambelt aux belt etc - booked in diamond motors :)
that wil be all i can afford this year i think lol
going to do the car gradually as and when i can afford it :)

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Looks good. As per your V6 / Trophy spoiler thread, BMW 1 series bonnet struts will do the the job as boot struts.

​Plans sound good aswell, but IMO you need to add a splitter to the list :)