ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whiteline ARB fitment

Lancia Integrale
Hi guys, fitted my whiteline last night- put it straight in hard setting ;) but the drop links look at a funny angle.. Do I twist the l shape bracket on the shock around to match the angle of the links?

vamehe8e.jpg

yjanaje2.jpg

330i. E30 Touring.
Yep, adjust the bracket to be straight on and job done.

Use a pair of grips to hold the bracket at the correct angle while you tighten the shock bolt or it'll move round as it tightens.

Lancia Integrale
Cheers guys!
Will adjust that bracket tonight and finish fitting the cooksports on the front with PMs top mounts and brace :)

I did wonder this when I fitted my White line ARB, I have mine on medium, the end holes. Moving to the inner hole, hard, and then moving the braket so everything is all aligned would this negate the hard setting of the ARB?

I would have though it all should be straight down. I don't know just thinking out loud.

Lancia Integrale
I did wonder this when I fitted my White line ARB, I have mine on medium, the end holes. Moving to the inner hole, hard, and then moving the braket so everything is all aligned would this negate the hard setting of the ARB?

I would have though it all should be straight down. I don't know just thinking out loud.

The first time I fitted it on soft setting, with the 'L' shaped bracket as is in the pic- the drop link was perfectly straight down but when moved over to the hard setting the drop link is at an angle (picture in post) so I assume you just alter the L bracket to straighten up the drop link.

Ah, yes, so I'm wondering now the connection to the ARB is now further forward but the drop link is moved to accommodate this, is this not giving the same effect as on soft with the drop link straight down.

Not saying anything is wrong or you've fitted wrong. Maybe I'm over thinking things.

phase 1 flamer 172
Yes over thinking as I see it, its the leverage on the actual bar that matters , mounting (within reason) has no bearing.