ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whiteline ARB fitting?

PH1
I've just received my Whiteline adjustable ARB and I'm a little confused as I think it may be the wrong fitting kit.:(
The "drop links" I expected to see were like an eye-bolt i.e.
Eye at one end to attach to the ARB and threaded at the other end to fit to the bracket from the bottom shock mount.

What I got was the L shaped bracket to come off the shock mounts and 2 figure of eight links. They have a bush at either end so I assume one end could attach to the ARB but the top bush is at right-angles to the bracket from the shock.
Have I missed something or have I got the wrong fitting kit?
The kit listed is BRR10Z, what arrived was 3RR10Z.
Help needed quick as I hope to attend a track day Friday so not much time to order replacements.
Thanks
Col

PH1
Hi Warren,
No I didn't, I missed the GB so ordered it from Balance as I really wanted it for Friday based on all the positive reports.
Ta
Col

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'll take a pic of mine fitted close up, see if that helps. Give me 2 mins!

PH1
That will be fantastic.
Just as a little add on, has yours got 2/3 adjustments?
Not sure why, but I thought they had 3 setting but mine only has 2.
Col

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
SDC10247.gif

CLIO PH1 172
dont want to jack this thread but what are these like? how will this increase handling? what does it actualy do to the rear end? by adjusting it what are you actually doning/whats getting stiffer ect? help would be apreciate dor should i make new thread?

dont want to jack this thread but what are these like? how will this increase handling? what does it actualy do to the rear end? by adjusting it what are you actually doning/whats getting stiffer ect? help would be apreciate dor should i make new thread?

You're linking the two rear wheels with a bar via a droplink, this in turn makes the rear end stiffer.

Improves handling and gives you more confidence.

PH1
Warren,
Thanks very much for that.
Yes, thats what I was hoping to get but its not what turned up, inplace of the 2 drop links I have a round bar, bent into a figure 8 with a yellow bush in each hole.
I will have to contact balance in the morning to see if they can get me the correct one out in time:(
Thanks again,
Col

172 Cup
there is an adjustable and a non-adjustable. maybe you have recieved the non as the pics seem the other end is only how it is so you can adjust the length

PH1
Hi Aron,
The main adjustment is done by moving between the mounting holes in the end of the Bar, they have 2 locations to choice from.
I wonder if the mounting kit I have is for the non-adjustable version?
Saying that I would think that the fitting to the shock mount would be the same for both?
Ta
Col