ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who’s the youngest 172 owner

Should be buying a 172 cup on thursday n cant wait. N b4 you say it no daddy hasnt bought it 4 me ive saved 5 grand n got a loan for another 4 and a half. The insurance was suprisingly cheap £1600 fc at 20 yrs old i only have 1 yrs ncb.

Just want to know if i will b the youngest owner ?

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

Had a Sapphire Cosworth at 18 but that was 11 years ago. Insurance was £900, those were the days.

[Edited by EVOgone on 25 May 2004 at 1:22pm]

Because insurance wasnt a problem, i was gonna have my brothers old 172 as my first car at 17 :D

But he then sold it 1 month before i passed my test :mad: :(

Just curious Si172, how did you afford a Cup and insurance at 19? What do you do for a living (if you dont mind me asking?) :)

mmmm, wonder who is the oldest?

I too had a cossie at 18, it was at the time when you could get one for bout 4k and insurance was becoming cheaper because of the thatcham success.

I had 5 in a row 4 saffs and finally a low milage one owner 3 door - I smashed it up prompty on the motorway driving like an 18 year old heh heh heh!!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

ricjax99 - hehe Im got a very good job in IT. i live at home yet pay good rent for it. Am now 21 with modified Cup. :D and paying £1,800.

I think it makes me the youngest person with a Cup at the moment.. Schweeeet!

[Edited by Si172 on 25 May 2004 at 3:16pm]

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Quote: Originally posted by matt the cat on 25 May 2004

mmmm, wonder who is the oldest?

I too had a cossie at 18, it was at the time when you could get one for bout 4k and insurance was becoming cheaper because of the thatcham success.

I had 5 in a row 4 saffs and finally a low milage one owner 3 door - I smashed it up prompty on the motorway driving like an 18 year old heh heh heh!!
Im lost - a middle of the road Cossie is between £3k and £4k nowadays?

Would have thought when cat one alarms started coming in to fashion a Cossie would have been £8k +?

should have one very soon atm am 19 insurance isnt too bad, had a Mk2 106 Rallye at 17 and atm i have a 206 dimma, which will beforsale very soon

Im 20 and i have got a 172.Im with tescos too but im paying 1k in my dads name!

Before anyone says anything about insuring in my dads name i have got a astra estate aswell insured in my own name which im also paying 1k a year for.And no mummy and daddy dont pay for anything,i work 60+ hours a week.

Gav.

Titanium 182

could be me?

iv just sorted my insurance on 1,

just need to sell my ibiza20vt and get the car!!!

im 19 and payed for all my cars my self saved my hard earned to get what i want

Ford Fiesta

just gone 21 with a 182 coming, insurance seems to be good for these renaults for young uns..