ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who does supercharger for williams

Focus 2.0 Ghia

As above can anyone tell me whoes does superchargers for a williams. my mates intrested in having this done so any help would be great.

Cheers

no-one as yet

and GMC Motorsport wlil not even attempt the job, i looked into all of this before, when i was looking at buying a willy

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 11 December 2003

no-one as yet

and GMC Motorsport wlil not even attempt the job, i looked into all of this before, when i was looking at buying a willy
not exactly true there is one about, but finding it is another thing.

TT 225

They are in existence but not in this country. I looked into this a while back, and was in touch with Rotrex (supercharger producers). No-one has done this job in the UK, so as such, any attempt at fitting a s/c to the Williams car would be the prototype, and set you back approximately £7k

GMC did actually tell me they would attempt the job tho! E-mail from them from June this year:

"Hi, no one has made a kit for the clio, we looked at one mk1 and it seemed a tight space to do easily, not saying it cannot be done. Our fully developed kit for the saxo is £5100, to do another car from scratch is likely to cost circa £7000 due to all the lost time making things. If you want to pursue it give me a ring on the above number."

Clio 172 cup

They cost f**king lots, A lad who used to use this forum cost him 7500 quid on his 16v and it hasnt exactly been totally reliable

Yeah didnt Nick pay around the 7K tag for his turbo.

About 250 BHP innit?

Spoke to K-tec a little while back, theyre in the final stages of making a Turbo for about the 4K mark, dunno how good itll be tho.

Nick (car) is in the body shop at the moment getting a respray

bb do 2 converstions

1. 200 bhp 200 lbs torque £4.5k + optional extras

2. 250 bhp 250 lbs torque £7.5 + optional extras

Is it just me that finds spending 7k+ on a clio a bit obsured... i mean u can pick up RX7s for less than the cost of a turbo 4 a clio!!

True id love to have a supercharger on a williams, low end torque would be emmense!! I get the feeling that the rev limiter would be worn out after a day or two tho :oops:

Quote: Originally posted by Ben j on 11 December 2003

RED. whats changed/ missing? looks odd
the standard inlet manifold has been replaced by a supercharger/inlet manifold, thats why it looks a little different

Elise/VX220/R26

Quote: Originally posted by BigBoreBri on 11 December 2003
<FONT color=yellow size=2>Is it just me that finds spending 7k+ on a clio a bit obsured... i mean u can pick up RX7s for less than the cost of a turbo 4 a clio!!<FONT color=#ffff00 size=2>True id love to have a supercharger on a williams, low end torque would be emmense!! <FONT color=#ffff00 size=2>I get the feeling that the rev limiter would be worn out after a day or two tho :oops:

go to agree there m8 to a certain extent. There comes a point at which your just better off changing the car.