ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

who else thinks gran turismo 5 is pants

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Ive come to realise that GT5 is PANTS!
I came to this conclusion one night after playing it.
1. The races are too easy to win
2. The cars all handle pretty much the same
3. The cars dont sound like they would in real life
4. Multiplayer online is to complicated
5. What is it with the Lutecia Renaults? why don't just have Renault instead of both?

I do miss playing Forza motorsport as you can swap engines and tune the cars greater.
Also i love Dirt 3 the gameplay is excellent and the sound of the cars are almost bang on

Thoughts people :mad::mad:

sorry i miss spelt turismo

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Re: who else thinks gran turiso 5 is pants

I played it once and considering the amount of time it took them to actually release it, I was massively dissapointed.

Turbo LY R27

One thing that gets me is they spent so long getting the detail 'spot on', but u cant do anything with the brakes?! Its ok, but forza still wins for me.

Skoda

I keep finding myself going back to Blur rather than GT5 when I get round to playing on the PS3

Disagree about cars handling the same! The main problem I have with GT5 isn't the simulation, but the boring races that just turn into grinding.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27

I think DIRT 3 is better then GT5 IMHO just better races and the sound of the cars is awsome. The Audi Quattro sounds immense.

I got bored of it after a couple weeks of playing it. Traded it in and got LBP2 for £2 ;)

The thing that got me was that once id completed most of the A-Spec races, I didn't really think I was achieving much more so got a bit bored of it, then went back to raping COD.

Good job I got it free tbh. Dad won it, along with a Slimline PS3 and other games, on a raffle at his work.

I enjoy GT5, it's w**k with a pad but get a decent steering wheel and it's great fun, especially on some of the harder seasonal events.

Forza is nicer to play with a pad than using that god awful steering wheel that MS released, the force feedback is terrible thus making it far too light and flimsy to play with. I simply do not understand why MS or Logitech won't get the G25 to work on the 360, it just beggars belief.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

I enjoy GT5, it's w**k with a pad but get a decent steering wheel and it's great fun, especially on some of the harder seasonal events.

Forza is nicer to play with a pad than using that god awful steering wheel that MS released, the force feedback is terrible thus making it far too light and flimsy to play with. I simply do not understand why MS or Logitech won't get the G25 to work on the 360, it just beggars belief.

Yep, strange one that. Never understood it either...

D.

53 Clio's & counting
Very much enjoy GT5 tbh, though i spend most of my time modding random cars lol - time trailing against yourself is fun, and doing races in lower powered cars still adds some fun to it

WRX
Played it to death when it first came out then traded it in when I was bored with it. Bought a used copy about a month ago and played it about 3 times, then went back to Forza. IMO the long wait killed it even before release because it simply wasn't worth the delay.

Jap Box
Got bored of it within a few weeks of release and havent played it since, races got boring, looking for cars to use in certain races was timely and boring. Considering the long wait for it I was very disappointed.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
If you've played Forza you'll think GT5 is s**t.

Personally, I think Forza is a masterpiece and GT5 is very ordinary. The graphics and cars are excellent, but the gameplay and handaling leaves alot to be desired.

It was a huge let down given how long they were working on it.

800 ish last gen cars vs 200 modeled properly.
Engine notes that sounded like either an electric toothbrush, blender or dyson depending on capacity and number of cylinders the engine had.
Screen tearing like none I've seen on any other title.
Cack online.

I also don't think they spend any time working on the controls for pad users, it's bordering on terrible with the joypad but a decent wheel transforms the way it drives and while some of the cars are still a let down a few were really enjoyable to thrash round in. Also seemed to have some issues with the physics on the limit and suffered inconsistent and drastic pendulum effect when pushing hard.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Engine noises are so s**t in GT5 it's unreal. Bought an Acura Integra Type R, crossover was so mild and feeble it was pathetic.

Very disappointing.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
It's not what it should have been but I still enjoy it a lot. Quite a bit has been added since the release through updates. As others have said a good wheel setup brings it to life.

My PS3 died playing it a few weeks ago so I went back to Forza 3 using the Xbox official wheel, which in comparison felt like literal crap. Pre GT5 I played Forza with that setup for months on end, but now its just not the same.

I have pre-ordered Forza 4 but am thinking that it will still be a bit of a disappointment unless I dig deep and get a Fanatec wheel.

Re: Including the Lutecia versions, its how they are named in Japan so makes sense that it's in there.

Last edited:
  Evo 8 MR
You need a wheel to enjoy it properly. There's seasonal events constantly being added so it provides new events to play every two weeks I think it is.

DiRT 3 is terrible compared to GT5.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Awful game. It's bearable with the wheel, but considering the development it had, Polyphony ought to be ashamed of what they released.

The sound (every car sounds like a Flymo) and the 800 'standard' cars are the most laughable additions but there are too many to list TBH.

Final nail in the coffin will be Forza 4 around the corner. Shame. I used to be a total GT fanboy until I played Forza 2 and realised GT's physics and sound were balls.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
No problems with it here:D enjoy doing the weekly events that get put up and love racing online.
Playing on a pad is a pretty mute experience tbh but then its a driving simulator so imo is meant to be played with a wheel and pedal setup at the least ( i would love to see someone drive a real car with a joypad in real life ;)) . i use a G25 and A1GP playseat and the experience is brilliant, can easily tell the difference between each car and get massive amounts of feedback as to what the car is doing making it much easier to control. The sound is'nt bad either , feed it through a decent sound system ( NOT TV SPEAKERS lol ) and set it to large theater crank the volume it sounds very very good , F1 cars sound epic like this.....
nothing wrong with the standard cars either , some look s**t i agree but others are very very good. It looks a hell of a lot better than what ive seen from forza 4 so far i will also say :p

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i went out and bought a ps3 with gt5 when it came out, biggest waste of money, i played it for probably 30 minutes before putting it back in the box and playing forza 3 again. its sat there covered in dust since

Evo 8 MR
No problems with it here:D enjoy doing the weekly events that get put up and love racing online.
Playing on a pad is a pretty mute experience tbh but then its a driving simulator so imo is meant to be played with a wheel and pedal setup at the least ( i would love to see someone drive a real car with a joypad in real life ;)) . i use a G25 and A1GP playseat and the experience is brilliant, can easily tell the difference between each car and get massive amounts of feedback as to what the car is doing making it much easier to control. The sound is'nt bad either , feed it through a decent sound system ( NOT TV SPEAKERS lol ) and set it to large theater crank the volume it sounds very very good , F1 cars sound epic like this.....
nothing wrong with the standard cars either , some look s**t i agree but others are very very good. It looks a hell of a lot better than what ive seen from forza 4 so far i will also say :p

I agree, you just can't drive the same with a pad, you get a much better feel for what's going on with a wheel. How difficult is the X2010 to drive though!? After driving that thing you feel like you've just done a proper workout lol.

Listerine & Poledo
GT is still the best driving simulator when you've got the full seat, wheel and pedals set-up.
Online could be easier, but then you wouldn't have the control on who's racing, in what and where.

As for "easy" races, if you dont just pick the fastest car available to you and then stick it up against a bunch of hatchbacks you can make the game a good sight harder for yourself.

Lol @ the comments about standard cars and the audio, you're either on crack, in denial or have impaired sight/hearing.

Listerine & Poledo
if it hadn't taken 40 years to make, with 36 years of hype to build it u-p, it wouldn't be taking as much flak.

Still, the CS250 races still run periodically.
250 performance points, soft-sports tyres, minor damage, no boost.
Hell, there's even a pair of tracks I've knocked together to emulate da twistiez.

Evo 5 RS
I generally get bored of racing games / sims in a couple of days.. week tops in terms of games like Grid, Dirt etc. Ones with any kind of class basically!

Forza 2 and 3 were the first racing games I played for a longer period, I still play 3 now. Perfect balance of arcade / simulation and a s**t ton of customisation to boot.

GT5 is the perfect balance of boredom, the cars look s**t, the tracks look s**t, the sounds s**t and the best part of the game is the photo mode. Oh, and not forgetting if you don't have the GT wheel (or a wheel of sorts) it's like trying to use chopsticks for the first time.

Do me a fcuking favour

On the upside though it has rain and windscreen wipers. Well I'm sold...

Last edited:
  Audi TT 225 Quattro
Lol @ the comments about standard cars and the audio, you're either on crack, in denial or have impaired sight/hearing.

LOL i love crack!

ok can you tell me what looks so bad about the standard cars? as i said some are s**t but most are still very very good . take a look at the pic below (even tho it is half the quality of the original), 1st car is a premium F430 and the one behind a standard M3 GTR Race car , to my eyes both look decent quality ( so my eyes can't be that impaired ;) )

As for the sound what type of equipment are you listening to it on or are you basing your comment on the sound quality from the tv speakers ?

Nrburgring24h_8.jpg

and another

Nrburgring24h_1.jpg

Artic 182FF
I think the problem with gt5 is the fact that they designed it specifically to be used with a full seat and steering wheel, which in effect alienates a huge percentage of the people playing it. That said, i use a pad to play and dont think it is that bad, its just not what it could have been. Not being able to uprate brakes is very poor and the overall limitations of the modifcations are what i think makes me turn to Forza. Not being able to change your rims on all cars is just shite, then when you get a car that you can, the selection is small (compared to Forza) and look pixelated and rubbish.

I think that the limitations of the tuning/modifying aspect of gt5 are a big reason that im going to be buying an Xbox just to get Forza 4.

The standard cars lack details and I'm not just talking about the drawn on 2 dimensional door handles etc, swage lines, panel contours etc in most cases are either inaccurate or missing entirely. Things that you can't see as well in the bodykitted wide arch cars you've chosen.

As for audio I honestly can't think of anyone who doesn't have a surround sound system of some description or another, probably due to the fact the speakers in flat screen tv's are so abysmal. The engine notes are terrible, and as for the contact sound effects when you strike something it resembles someone kicking an empty wheelie-bin.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
So i'm not the only one then lol I think we all come to the same conclusion waste of time and money

Black Sheep
I have not bothered to put read this thread. Just the title....... The game is utter shite, made my mind up after twenty mins of play. traded it in the next day............f**k me its s**t...rant over

Black Sheep
Make that one min come to think of it!.. thought i was back playing my playstation 1 when I was a nipper not knowing any better, but now I do! f**k me that game was bad!

Black Sheep
Sorry rant continued.... Do the makers of this game think I have nothing better to do with my life. Than to drive a Jamie Oliver camper van round the top gear track at 30 mph, against a load of other Jamie Oliver camper vans. to try and beat some stupid pre set time they have set for like an hour?....cnuts