ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who Own's the fastest 172/182???

Clio 182
edde said:
Depends how you go about it say £2.5k though.

My 182 made 201Bhp with cams, smt6, manifold match and a replacement panel filter. That was with just the standard exhaust too. Andy at GDI said he was pleased with the results as not many make 200 with just them mods. I was pleased too! :)
That cost in the region of £2000.

oneeighttwo said:
My 182 made 201Bhp with cams, smt6, manifold match and a replacement panel filter. That was with just the standard exhaust too. Andy at GDI said he was pleased with the results as not many make 200 with just them mods. I was pleased too! :)
That cost in the region of £2000.
Thats with a 182 which has the better exhaust manifold and sport cat the 172 can use the 182 manifold but its about £200~300 second hand if you can get one and a few hours to fit. Then a decat or sportier ca like the 182 has is more money but need to be made to fit the 182 exhaust manifold.

williams 2
yeah about £1700 to get 200 bhp from a 172! mines in the w/s soon for a full make over. im wanting 240bhp from mine but its gonna be expensive. if a few people are havin winter wonders maybe we should arrange a meet in early spring to see who is truly king!! :D

Clio 182
one_seven_two said:
yeah about £1700 to get 200 bhp from a 172! mines in the w/s soon for a full make over. im wanting 240bhp from mine but its gonna be expensive. if a few people are havin winter wonders maybe we should arrange a meet in early spring to see who is truly king!! :D

£1700 is a good price. Who's doing the work and what are you having done? if you don't mind me asking !!

Paul.

twing1124475115cliopowaa2016v9.gif

Golf 7R
Theres talk of a guy near me who taken a valver shell, and said to have a bishi evo 6 engine and running gear, will this work/fit for the more technical minded ppl out there.??
If thats the case that must be rapid hes said to have spent the best part of 10k on it, i have seen stationary but yet to be seen on road.

soon: 172 Cup
lei69gh vbmenu_register("postmenu_1920279", true); , are you near Brighton.

Apparently it belongs to someone from the UKSC lot, Impressive but looks jank!

Golf 7R
No im from the Essex area..Harlow to be exact its a guys from here, it looks like a halfrauds ram raided car to be fair, but must be el rapido.

almaghrbi

ClioSport Trader
  172 Cup
FredYozzasport said:
wager is £1 btw, as i can't afford more than that!! ;)
I would have love it to join in this one but I am stuck in Dubai at the moment :-(

May be when I come back?

C

clio172cup20

If you want speed, just buy a faster car.
Like an M3
Putting money in to a car is like putting money in to a PIT
Your never getting it back when u sell it!!

I learnt the hard way.

depends if you enjoy it though, different for different people. I actually enjoy spending money on mods I know I wont get the money back for.

I'd guess mines in the top 10 speed wise... no idea really, there's a lot of uber modded Clio's about these days... Matt's obviously being the quickest overall on road or on track by some margin.

with the same driver I seriously doubt it. everyone seems to think Matt's wont handle, well news flash. It's setup on coily's and just requires a more sensitive right foot is all. With the same driver who's adept at driving a high power FWD car round a track it would murder it imo as the sheer power is just incomparible.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
TheJesus said:
with the same driver I seriously doubt it. everyone seems to think Matt's wont handle, well news flash. It's setup on coily's and just requires a more sensitive right foot is all. With the same driver who's adept at driving a high power FWD car round a track it would murder it imo as the sheer power is just incomparible.

Easy Jon, what you running now??? Mark 2??? Surely not? ;)

Donny

almaghrbi, that's the thing, it is setup, it just has a lot of power, people seem to overlook this though...

Donny, long time no see fella! hows darn saaaarf treating you?
Yeah, shock of the century I know! I part ex'd it with Clean16v and am really enjoying it, the noise is immense as is the performance... still miss the looks of the Willy though and the handling, but I needed a newer car and it was this or get something really dull for a couple of year and get an R34... this was cheaper in the long run!

Turbos.
Yozza/Fred have had the benefit of being on track seemingly every day, so must be a much better set up car and i'd imagine it stops better too. I'd trade 100bhp for instant throttle response on a track...

Obviously different tracks would be better suited to each car but on a 'typical' circuit my money would be on theirs.

the power difference is monumental though, the handling difference might be significant but not to overcome an almost 200bhp advantage. maybe on a tight, twisty, technical track, but 425bhp is just too big a power advantage and the handling cant be that much better. camber adjust on Matt's as it's already on coilovers and it's going to be not far behind in that sense

VaVa
Yes, but Matt is Nothern. Ergo he lives on pie and gravy, breeds whippets and racing pigeons and probably weighs in the region of 20st.

So he loses. ;)

E90
why dont people put their money where there mouth is, and prove it. Next trackday all be there, I'm sure Yoz and fred will be anyway, just upto everyone else to turn up.

almaghrbi

ClioSport Trader
  172 Cup
every one mile faster round the corner will be equivalent to a 10bhp advantage if the corner is followed by a long straight and definately much more if followed by another corner!

almaghrbi

ClioSport Trader
  172 Cup
FredYozzasport said:
yeah no problem!! get polishing that £1 coin!!!

Yeah it would be nice. I have heard that you've developed the car into a nice beast. I also have done good development work since I have been here. It should be interesting.... Both in the wet!!!!! and dry

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
TheJesus said:
almaghrbi, that's the thing, it is setup, it just has a lot of power, people seem to overlook this though...

Donny, long time no see fella! hows darn saaaarf treating you?
Yeah, shock of the century I know! I part ex'd it with Clean16v and am really enjoying it, the noise is immense as is the performance... still miss the looks of the Willy though and the handling, but I needed a newer car and it was this or get something really dull for a couple of year and get an R34... this was cheaper in the long run!

Life's not too bad at all...was up there last weekend, giving the A34 a good old fashioned hammering! ;)

At least you've joined the MK2 brigade...shame you've parted with the Williams tho' :(

Donny