ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whos got the best tuned 182 in the club

ok can understand where your coming from but i know sounds like just like everyone else but i have had 182 owners in my car and they have all been pleasently suprised.

I EAT standard 172s and 182s for breakfast on my way to work every morning, and you can see noticeable difference in performance.

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by danjudd05 on 23 May 2005

ok can understand where your coming from but i know sounds like just like everyone else but i have had 182 owners in my car and they have all been pleasently suprised.

I EAT standard 172s and 182s for breakfast on my way to work every morning, and you can see noticeable difference in performance.

not everyone is on a "qualifying lap" on their way to work!!!!

Feel free to come to a cliosport rolling road day, youll soon see the truth

it IS impossible to go over 190bhp without touching the ECU, true FACT

cheers FRED

a 200+bhp 1*2 should be anywhere from 5.6 seconds to 60+ in the right hands. think Chris Cup ran a 5.8 and im sure he can prolly better that.

im sure danjudd05s car is 212bhp from a zorst, mine made an extra 30bhp when i put the K&N IK on... :p

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 23 May 2005

a 200+bhp 1*2 should be anywhere from 5.6 seconds to 60+ in the right hands. think Chris Cup ran a 5.8 and im sure he can prolly better that.

im sure danjudd05s car is 212bhp from a zorst, mine made an extra 30bhp when i put the K&N IK on... :p
you got a tuesday morning car from the factory!!! Lucky git!!!!

sorry did i forget to mention that along with the konigsport koni fk coilovers + the custom b&M Shifter for 40 % reduced throw in gear change. I can also mention the uprated head gasket and port & polish i have done. Oh yeah and then sadly i will not be able to make it due to my clio going to stealth racing for turbo fitting and will have no vehicle to drive to POD

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 23 May 2005

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 23 May 2005

you got a tuesday morning car from the factory!!! Lucky git!!!!
LOL!!! yeah, they blueprinted em tuesday mornings iirc? http://www.cliosport.net/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif

dan, you getting forged pistons, or just gonna run it on the standard bottom end?

Lionel Richie

sorry did i forget to mention that along with the konigsport koni fk coilovers + the custom b&M Shifter for 40 % reduced throw in gear change.

Whats custom about it???

I can also mention the uprated head gasket why??

and port & polish i have done. by whom???

Oh yeah and then sadly i will not be able to make it due to my clio going to stealth racing for turbo fitting and will have no vehicle to drive to POD

Stealth Racing In Southam???
Rolling Road day, ill pay for your run

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 23 May 2005

Id love to see one of the 200-210 hp 182s/172s go on the 1/4 mile, has anyone tried theirs yet?
Roamers 212bhp throttle bodied 172 did a 14.2 i think (then the gearbox exploded on the next run!!!)

it wasnt that much quicker than a normal 172/182 below 60mph, but above 70mph it pulled like Nicky B in Chelmsford on a night out!!!!!

2005 Impreza WRX STI

i want a 200 bhp clio :( but cant afford it. i thought u had to change injectors when u get around the 200 mark.......so i dont no what that 212 bhp is all about danjudd05. was it done at LAD motorsport? there the only ones i no that can get that sort of power???

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

200 bhp pah...Ill beat you with only 170 ...;)

I would love see some of these quick 172/182s at York:D...oh and maybe the reason people run some slightly quicker times at york might be ...all I hear about pod is I would have gone quicker but I couldnt get any grip.

172 mk2

sorry did i forget to mention that along with the konigsport koni fk coilovers + the custom b&M Shifter for 40 % reduced throw in gear change. I can also mention the uprated head gasket and port & polish i have done. Oh yeah and then sadly i will not be able to make it due to my clio going to stealth racing for turbo fitting and will have no vehicle to drive to POD
i can see where hes coming from, my oil change gave me 45bhp!! ;)

Would recomend a company which i have bought all my performance parts off called europerformance.co.uk for tuning your 182. I was proper shell shocked when i saw some of the prices on the site. My 182 has a high flow cat on it with a full stainless steel system and a viper kit and then kicks 212bhp out . put some FK Coilovers on it and it handles like its on rails!

whats the @ the wheels figure for this 212bhp clio?

is 200bhp acheivable for say £2k, thats what ive set aside for mine otherwise might go the whole hog and get it blown for £6k. need it to stay reliable though as its a daily drive

172 cup TT

Hehe, mate - being a troll on web sites lost its novelty a few years ago. Stop it and go away :)

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by EK05YTO on 23 May 2005

is 200bhp acheivable for say £2k, thats what ive set aside for mine otherwise might go the whole hog and get it blown for £6k. need it to stay reliable though as its a daily drive
add £500 to that figure

then you WILL have a 200bhp+ monster

really?!?! ill part with that to knock out those figures, any idea of whats needed or should i just knock on k-tecs door and buy one of everything! lol. whos best for sorting it as i dont know one end of a spanner from the other

dont k-tec do a turbo for the 172/182 engine that they say gets a proven 240bhp out of it??? if so anyone got one or no of some one with one?

yeah its £6k though. not only that but i remember when they first done a mk1 i see it in max flower or some other mag then a week later i see it down southend..................being loaded onto a flatbed breakdown truck!! thats what puts me off of one. plus for £6k more on a 182 you could just buy a vee

true thats not gud. id keep the 6k and trade in my 172 for a vee. same power output but u got the looks and the handling for it etc. thats wat i wanna do anyway! :D

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 23 May 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 23 May 2005

Id love to see one of the 200-210 hp 182s/172s go on the 1/4 mile, has anyone tried theirs yet?
Roamers 212bhp throttle bodied 172 did a 14.2 i think (then the gearbox exploded on the next run!!!)

it wasnt that much quicker than a normal 172/182 below 60mph, but above 70mph it pulled like Nicky B in Chelmsford on a night out!!!!!
PMSL!!!!!!!

MERCEDES CLS AMG

Its funny when you get a new 182 / 172 owner on and they start bragging about the power of there cars, like we are all wet behind the ears are something ?? Have you any idea of the knowledge we have on these cars - we race them / tune them / track day them.........we know the script so stop lying !!

How come when you say to these people " bring it to a rr day " they never turn up - im still waiting for the 212bhp rr figures that he has ??

i still say the fastest cup 172 on here in a straight line is timo172 & chris n nics - people have seen these cars perform - so we have proof !!!!

From what i can gather i can see that you are all growing increasingly envious! crack on and say as much as you want boys, i know what my cars does and i wont have lost any sleep last night from your silly comments, anyone would of thought fellow clio drivers would of been interested in another clio being modified . if you want the documentation proving the bhp and torque i told you i should be able to display it for you. I didnt realise that when coming on to forums you meet some very narrow minded people who dont want to know what you have to say. I was under the impression this was a friendly forum so i thought i would share my views and recommend the people i thought provided me with a service that is seldom found today. Obviously this is not the case and therefore i will say no more .

Nippy white cup

Fair enough m8...but people are still waiting for your rr pics.....You have to look at it from our point of view. You said you had this power figure from very few mods...then when people started to say that it was impossible with those mods you remembered that you had more mods like gas flowing and others. If you have got that figure then good on you but it was the adding of mods that looked dodgy thats all

Chris

VaVa

If your car has 212bhp I would love to see it.

I for one (amongst others) have grown sceptical of peoples power claims on these cars (like the 190bhp cup - had an air filter and an exhaust) because people seem to magic a figure out of thin air.

From listening to people like BenR, Andy @ GDI, Yoz, Fred, j3ned etc who have all worked with these cars, and in particular these engines, it has become pretty obvious that 212 bhp is not something you can extract without spending spending a bit of cash and having some serious work done.

Dont take it personally. Its just weve seen big power claims before... and very few have the evidece to back it up.

[Edited by lagerlout1 on 24 May 2005 at 10:49am]

Yes i know where your coming from and i can imagine a lot of people do pluck a figure out of thin air. However i can assure that my car is what i say it is, please dont think i am another one of these clio drivers that claim that have loads of bhp. I was mearly interested in your thoughts on my clio it and also intruiged by after. i only listed those modifications as if you look at my previos reply i was recommending a company that sells them. I didnt think you would want every detail as to what i have modified.

Appologies for any hostile comments.

taking my sport out now, all that talking has made the fella feel hungry for some stereo typical rude boys in there saxos!!

would an exhaust, air filter like a viper etc and a superchip make that much difference to a 172 overall performance as its already tuned alot??

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3

never said the opposite, but everyone knows here his car will not have anything like that kind of power with only those mods, yet he claims to be able to back it up with rr graphs more than once yet still hasnt showed one.

Nippy white cup

Quote: Originally posted by bonza172 on 24 May 2005

would an exhaust, air filter like a viper etc and a superchip make that much difference to a 172 overall performance as its already tuned alot??
Well those mods (but Rsport not Superchip) gave me enough to get 14.1 @ 97.5 mph so there is always room for improvement over standard...

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

..yes keen to see proven mods because im sure people would like more choice when tuning their renaults, everybody knows the usual suspects :cool:

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Well if I go to a RR and it tells me my Valver is 200 bhp, I should believe it ;)

RRs are only good for before and after figures. As you never know what its producing in the first place. And only on same RR due to variations. Otherwise for max effect could get it run before on most conservative and then after on most optimistic and get wild gains that are simply untrue.

Chap may have RR proof of 212bhp. Doesnt mean it is accurate (the RR that is).

[Edited by Matty on 24 May 2005 at 5:38pm]

Quote: Originally posted by Tom on 23 May 2005
i would quarter mile if i could actually drive/launch my car without just sitting there spinning.

Tom, trust me. If your wheel spinning youre sort of getting it right with the launch. FWD cars will spin - its car nature!

Ive dragged a few motors in my time, S3s, Scoobys, Cossie.

A tip is getting the spin and keeping it while you change through the box. If you get it wrong you bog down a little and the car next door starts to move further forward. People like Andy Barnes (Skyline dragger) all started somewhere.

Quote: Originally posted by j3ned on 24 May 2005
Its funny when you get a new 182 / 172 owner on and they start bragging about the power of there cars, like we are all wet behind the ears are something ?? Have you any idea of the knowledge we have on these cars - we race them / tune them / track day them.........we know the script so stop lying !!How come when you say to these people " bring it to a rr day " they never turn up - im still waiting for the 212bhp rr figures that he has ??i still say the fastest cup 172 on here in a straight line is timo172 & chris n nics - people have seen these cars perform - so we have proof !!!!

cough cough
:D