ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who's got the most extreme daily

Land Rover
I used my clio as a daily for 4 years, they are ok but the clutch is horrendous in traffic.

Not if you put a new clutch in. My 182 was the same, my missus commuted in it and l don’t know how she did it.
After fitting a new clutch the car is transformed.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Clios have always been my daily’s when I’ve had them. I don’t class them as a bad daily.

My current 360 daily for example does not have: central locking, remote locking, air con, climate control, cruise control, a radio, xenon head lights, auto lights, auto windscreen wipers, leather/alcantara seats.

When you look at it that way, compared to a Clio I could be in an extreme daily!

View attachment 1403270

Far more comfortable than a Clio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
9 years in May since I’ve had the 172 as a daily. My commute is tiny but most of miles are done with a bike or two on the roof at the weekend. Let’s just say it drones a little with all that drag combined with a BTB exhaust
44c84381f384331390b9f4d35c114bed.jpg

4 hours is the absolute limit, if I’m not agony from the seating position, I’m deaf.
Roof bars off it’s not too bad but any long journeys ideally are done in the Mrs’ car

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
that Saab is seriously quick!!! and properly cool looking.

i used to daily my RS, but it's just easier to jump in the 197. I've reached a point where i think i just care about it too much and it's taking the enjoyment out of owning it a little.
It's just an expensive driveway ornament at the moment :(

racetracker_5078483_75316.jpg

Ph1 172
that Saab is seriously quick!!! and properly cool looking.

i used to daily my RS, but it's just easier to jump in the 197. I've reached a point where i think i just care about it too much and it's taking the enjoyment out of owning it a little.
It's just an expensive driveway ornament at the moment :(

View attachment 1403486
The Saab was amazing to drive. Would keep a GT2 honest from a roll and looked like a real pipe n slippers car. I just couldn't keep up with maintenance so gave up and got rid. Every drive such an event though. Back in the real world the ph1 is a fantastic daily. RS looks immaculate, know what you mean turbo cars deserve long journeys and a warm down before turning off so not as good at short journeys.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Mega motors, I've dailied my 182 for 6.5 years now and although I've had a saab aero for few months during that and keep looking again at them, I intend to see the clio past 200k before I retire it. About another 10 months to go to hit that mark

IMG_20181126_220412_608.jpg

RS Clio 182
I use my remapped R26 as a daily,which is probably not ideal with the stiff suspension and you just want to drive it fast all the time. Mind you,i dont how people can afford to have two cars...

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
6872ba1ce1a1726c017ec09bff976113.jpg

Do about 8k a year in this. Had for 3+ years. Best car ever! If it wasn’t so bloody thirsty lol
No replacement for displacement [emoji41]
They don’t make em like that any more:
4.2 V8
Manual 6 speed
Quattro
415hp (+- 30hp depending on it’s mood lol)

at the moment I have a E46 M3 and a E46 320d. I work from home so my daily is mostly my feet.

I did have a 205 gti between 2007 and 2009 and used it every day including going to all my site meetings.
funnily enough I ran a mk1 golf gti as a daily around the same time.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
funnily enough I ran a mk1 golf gti as a daily around the same time.

Think I was running a 306 on veg with a blown headgasket.

To be fair it was pretty extreme running that in sub-zero winter temperatures with no heater.

Mk2 1.2 Campus
Up until I got another Clio I was using a Supercharged V8 Range Rover as my daily. 16mpg around town meant I needed something more economical for my longer commute now.

It’s a big change swapping between the RR and a 1.2 Clio.