ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whos got the quickest acceleration times!

MCS R56
Yeah or record a video next to a Sport to show that you can keep up. Or not. If you can hit 90 in 16.5 secs, you will be very close.

I am keen to see how a 30 bhp increase = a 4 second increase to 60 mph and about 8-10 secs increase to 90 mph.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Not bad as you say for 1.5 diesel but to be honest, my 182 would pan that in a race from 30mph upto 90mph.

Clio Dci100 Dynamique
Yeah or record a video next to a Sport to show that you can keep up. Or not. If you can hit 90 in 16.5 secs, you will be very close.

I am keen to see how a 30 bhp increase = a 4 second increase to 60 mph and about 8-10 secs increase to 90 mph.

Its not a 4 second increase to 60, its a shade over 2, and a 5-6 second increase to 90. Like i say, it may be more thats why its goin back on the rollers on wed :)

VaVa
That method is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard for measuring times accurately.

You'll probably find that you only reached about 86 mph..... although it doesn't look bad for a little diesel. I'm struggling with the 0-60 time more..... As quick as a valver 0-60? Hmmmmm.

Clio Dci100 Dynamique
Not bad as you say for 1.5 diesel but to be honest, my 182 would pan that in a race from 30mph upto 90mph.

I'm not sayin its quicker than a 182, only that it will do 0-90 in under 17 seconds. The vid wasn't really fair cos only started recording about 3 secs after i pressed the record button, but thats fones for you, theres always a couple of seconds delay...

Clio Dci100 Dynamique
Its not the best method i admit lol but its all i had on me at the time & you wonted to see it :)

It will reach 60 in 8 seconds comfortably & thats good enuf for me :)

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2

I'm not sayin its quicker than a 182, only that it will do 0-90 in under 17 seconds. The vid wasn't really fair cos only started recording about 3 secs after i pressed the record button, but thats fones for you, theres always a couple of seconds delay...
Have you had this measured accurately somewhere or are you just going off a video of your speedo?

They are not accurate and generally over read. 90mph indicated is likely to be a real 82/83ish.

Clio Dci100 Dynamique
mines quicker than that.

lol, i feel like i'm treadin on ppls toes here...

The original post was to prove 90 in under 17 secs from a 1.5 diesel :) reckon i'd hav no trouble beating a standard 1.4 16v tho if thats wot you drive. Even 1.6's are easy for me :)

Last edited:
  Clio Dci100 Dynamique
Have you had this measured accurately somewhere or are you just going off a video of your speedo?

They are not accurate and generally over read. 90mph indicated is likely to be a real 82/83ish.

No, i previously timed it the old fashioned way without the video cos tbh its hard as hell to change gear at the rite times while driving and holding a camera at the speedo lol :)

Anyway i gotta work now, leave your comments please :)

MCS R56
You're not treading on people's toes. Your post claims some very quick times that I don't think people believe.

Like you say, you can reach 60 comfortably in under 8 secs. The stats for a DCi100 claim around 11.5 - 12 secs, so that's near 4 secs. The 0-90 (why not 100?) in 16.5 would normally be mid 20's. This is almost Mini Cooper S times (supercharged). Don't see it!

172cup
TerryProfile.jpg

Clio 197 sport
:eek:

Does the M3 CSL beat my 0-60 in 4.1 seconds? :cool:

Westfiled megablade as my second car that is!

Ah well, I have a proper roof :p

LOL... Yeah true and i supose you could say that! "carbon" hmmmmmm!

Still, nothing beats no windscreen, stones and flys hitting you in the face getting piss wet through when it rains and no reverse! Still for pure driving experince on the road and track not much can beat them imo! Unless you get a Radical SR8....

Clio Dci100 Dynamique
You're not treading on people's toes. Your post claims some very quick times that I don't think people believe.

Like you say, you can reach 60 comfortably in under 8 secs. The stats for a DCi100 claim around 11.5 - 12 secs, so that's near 4 secs. The 0-90 (why not 100?) in 16.5 would normally be mid 20's. This is almost Mini Cooper S times (supercharged). Don't see it!

Actually you are mistaken, the standard quoted 0-60 for the dci 100 is 10.3 seconds. Its the dci 80 that claims the figures you quoted. See link:

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/Data.aspx?model=742

Tbh i think we're kinda missing the point here. I posted all kinds of test figures. Not just 0-90. Diesels aren't generally the fastest things off the line, they're more about the mid range as shown in the other figures.

I can do 90 in under 17 secs which you don't beleive despite the all be it tacky video showing wot 13 seconds from the 30? Let me tel you it doesn't take all day to reach 30 you know lol, keep the revs above 2k so you pull away with the turbo engaged...

As for the other quoted figures they are in gear times ie that 30-70 and 40 - 90.

Look at the 50 - 70 in 5th instead, 5 seconds.

I'm not trying to compete with petrols here, just sayin thats damn fast for a diesel :)

Last edited:
  BMW M4; S1000 RR

ffs, at 100mph most s**t cars' speedos are about 5mph out, so 90 on the clocks will be about 86/7... But does it really matter ????

Every video of a speedo out there is timed by the clocks, so it's a fair comparison.

DCI standard is 10 seconds in the book, it will be quicker than that if it's been driven hard, with a diesel remap you free up so much more of the rev range, and it makes a huge difference in acceleration, 1st will never be vastly different, 2nd will have a good time advantage, 3rd will have a massive boost, 4th will be stronger and 5th is almost useful.

After 90 is pretty much the end of 4th in a DCI, you'll find 90-100 will take a good couple of seconds which could take it up to and past 20 seconds, which is slow, but pretty good for a 1.5 by any standards.

Plus that video could have easily been filmed whilst going down a hill.

True it could, but that can be said about any video (including the 182/172 vids that get posted).

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Look at the 50 - 70 instead, 5 seconds. can your cup do that? lol i think not :p

I'd be suprised if it couldn't, it's never going to be as fast as a 2.0 170bhp engine in the same shell, but it's enough to give a 1.6 a good and proper dusting;)

Good on you, you should come to the Ring next year, see if you can put the extra power to good use ;)

:eek:

Ah well, I have a proper roof :p

LOL... Yeah true and i supose you could say that! "carbon" hmmmmmm!

Still, nothing beats no windscreen, stones and flys hitting you in the face getting piss wet through when it rains and no reverse! Still for pure driving experince on the road and track not much can beat them imo! Unless you get a Radical SR8....

The Radical is my weekend toy ;):eek:

I used to managed 5.7 to 60 in my old 172. 0-100 probably about 13-14 seconds. That was with about £6k+ worth of mods.

MINI JCW
According to autocar the 182 to 0-90 in 13.6 and 0-100 in 17

So if yours is doing 0-90 in 17, 0-100 is going to be about 21 secs at best

Either ways its significantly slower than a 172/182

Clio Dci100 Dynamique

Thanx i'm glad u posted that cos i neva sed it wasn't, just that it was quick for a diesel. In terms of straight line acceleration the 172 is quicker but in gear i reckon i win cos of the additional torque.

I know that almost for a fact cos edde posted a test of a 220bhp petrol golf doin think it was 30-70 in 3rd in what 15.4 seconds? I beleive the 200bhp diesel equivelent was 7.5. May wanna check out that link

http://www.allardmotorcompany.com/pa...-vs-diesel.asp

Correct me if i'm wrong but a petrol like 172 / 182 only produces those horses at high revs.

So in 5th at 50 those revs aren't gonna be producin you 170bhp (in the real world you'd simply change down to 3rd) but if you stayed in 5th i'm confident i'd pull away

MINI JCW

Thanx i'm glad u posted that cos i neva sed it wasn't, just that it was quick for a diesel. In terms of straight line acceleration the 172 is quicker but in gear i reckon i win cos of the additional torque.

I know that almost for a fact cos edde posted a test of a 220bhp petrol golf doin think it was 30-70 in 3rd in what 15.4 seconds? I beleive the 200bhp diesel equivelent was 7.5. May wanna check out that link

http://www.allardmotorcompany.com/pa...-vs-diesel.asp

Correct me if i'm wrong but a petrol like 172 / 182 only produces those horses at high revs.

So in 5th at 50 those revs aren't gonna be producin you 170bhp (in the real world you'd simply change down to 3rd) but if you stayed in 5th i'm confident i'd pull away

Your confident your DCi will pull away from my VX220 Turbo in 5th between 50-70? or are you confused and think i own a 182?

Also refering to the 172/182 debate i never mentioned in gear times, i was talking about 0-100. We all know diesel/petrol turbos are quick in gear

Last edited:
  PH1 Oddy, M140i
great chat. I have no idea what in gear time are officially...only alot faster than standard 1*2's!! I will get out the stop watch!

0-60 is roughly 6 on the nose (oxymoron anyone!)

Scirocco GT 210
I know that almost for a fact cos edde posted a test of a 220bhp petrol golf doin think it was 30-70 in 3rd in what 15.4 seconds?

Was the golf only running on one cylinder at the time? A 15.4 sec 30-70 time in 3rd gear cannot be correct. It simply can't.

mine aint the quickest Clio on here by any stretch, but it's one of them. I'm guessing around the very low 5's to 60 and about 12 secs to 100?

I think 12 may be a bit ambitious!

imo it is ambitious. He has my old car and it was never 12 seconds quick.

FCS 06 on the 1/4 mile drag strip saw me get a best time of 5.7 to 60 and 14.3 quarter mile. Granted it was on a bit of a s**t surface but the car hadn't got that much more in it and I thought I was pretty much pushing it to it's limit.