ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whos got the quickest acceleration times!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
I think 12 may be a bit ambitious!

imo it is ambitious. He has my old car and it was never 12 seconds quick.

FCS 06 on the 1/4 mile drag strip saw me get a best time of 5.7 to 60 and 14.3 quarter mile. Granted it was on a bit of a s**t surface but the car hadn't got that much more in it and I thought I was pretty much pushing it to it's limit.

mine did 13.1@108mph with less power but also less weight which is 0-100 in the low 12s.....proper drag strip makes a BIG difference.

Clio Dci100 Dynamique
Thanx i'm glad u posted that cos i neva sed it wasn't, just that it was quick for a diesel. In terms of straight line acceleration the 172 is quicker but in gear i reckon i win cos of the additional torque.

I know that almost for a fact cos edde posted a test of a 220bhp petrol golf doin think it was 30-70 in 3rd in what 15.4 seconds? I beleive the 200bhp diesel equivelent was 7.5. May wanna check out that link

http://www.allardmotorcompany.com/pa...-vs-diesel.asp

Correct me if i'm wrong but a petrol like 172 / 182 only produces those horses at high revs.

So in 5th at 50 those revs aren't gonna be producin you 170bhp (in the real world you'd simply change down to 3rd) but if you stayed in 5th i'm confident i'd pull away

Your confident your DCi will pull away from my VX220 Turbo in 5th between 50-70? or are you confused and think i own a 182?

Also refering to the 172/182 debate i never mentioned in gear times, i was talking about 0-100. We all know diesel/petrol turbos are quick in gear

Wasn't talkin bout the VX no, was referin to ure comments bout it bein significantly slower than 172 / 182, which i appreicaited you puttin cos i wasn't trying to compete at that level only say it was quick for a diesel :)

I'm quite pleased bout all the response this post has had :)

I'd like to hav clarified why the 182 takes only wot 13.6 - 90 but then takes all the way up to like 17 for 100? that extra 10mph?

I'm quite keen to test mine now, at a guess i'm sayin 20 secs but we'l see. Trouble is its hard to find a patch of road round here where u can literally stop and accelerate to 100 lol

also if you get time i'd be quite interested to know wot ure 50-70 in 5th is in the VXR :)

And finally why does nobody beleive my 17 seconds? lol i even filmed it!

Last edited:
  M2 Competition
I think 12 may be a bit ambitious!

imo it is ambitious. He has my old car and it was never 12 seconds quick.

FCS 06 on the 1/4 mile drag strip saw me get a best time of 5.7 to 60 and 14.3 quarter mile. Granted it was on a bit of a s**t surface but the car hadn't got that much more in it and I thought I was pretty much pushing it to it's limit.

Lol!

mg zs 180 ,at santa pod
0-101 mph in 13.9 seconds.

What did you do to get that heap to those times? Did you use a Renault engine?

just in case anyone is doubting my post
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/wm/1f4efade-185f-414b-b82e-986d0121d628.htm.

I assume by your comment that you think your cup is far superior to my "heap",well how about we put that to the test ,Bookatrack donington saturday 13th october full track day,you can show me how your renault engine is better than my kv6.Im only running 210 bhp/210lbft so what with your light weight you will take me apart .....or will you ?!!.

Clio 172
Where did you dream up a 300kg difference, dont be daft probably more like 50kg. Plus a remapped DCi would get well and truely owned by a 1*2 theres no comparison and i would know as i have owned them both.

VaVa

I assume by your comment that you think your cup is far superior to my "heap",well how about we put that to the test ,Bookatrack donington saturday 13th october full track day,you can show me how your renault engine is better than my kv6.Im only running 210 bhp/210lbft so what with your light weight you will take me apart .....or will you ?!!.

I'm sure Yoz will give you a race if you like ;)

Quick car mate. I hate the f**king things with a passion but there's no denying that's a qucik car.

What have you done to it?

on my thread for the hoff(which has been moved to other marques so i cant post) there is vid of me doing 1.27 lap at donington whilst chasing down a vvti 190 black exige ,someone posted a link to lap times at donington on that thread and yoz is on it with a 240 bhp clio and guess what his time is .....yep 1.27 .Just shows lap times arent all about power as i have only 210 bhp in a bigger car.

im not bothered wether folk like or dislike the zs but it is not a heap,its very capable,even as totally standard.I know of a couple of zs in the 14's at santa pod that are or were totally standard.
3 or 4 have hit 14.2/3 with nothing but induction and exhaust mods.

Last edited:
  182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Well to be fair, TheJesus has had work done since then from what I've heard and probably is quicker than when Chris had it.

MINI JCW
[
I'd like to hav clarified why the 182 takes only wot 13.6 - 90 but then takes all the way up to like 17 for 100? that extra 10mph?

I'm quite keen to test mine now, at a guess i'm sayin 20 secs but we'l see. Trouble is its hard to find a patch of road round here where u can literally stop and accelerate to 100 lol

also if you get time i'd be quite interested to know wot ure 50-70 in 5th is in the VXR :)

And finally why does nobody beleive my 17 seconds? lol i even filmed it!

the 182 takes 3.4 secs to do 90-100 becuase as speed rises the time it takes to accelerate increases. Just for your info it then takes another 5 secs to get to 110 (so 0-110 in 22)

The VX220 Turbo does 50-70 in 5th in 5.5 secs as tested by autocar.

Nobody believes your time becuase filming it on your mobile phone is inaccurate and so is the speedometer. Again referring back to autocar on the 182 test 90mph actual is 96mph on the speedo

Last edited:
do the vid again with much better quality, start from 0mph and go on to either 95 for true 90 or 106 for true 0-100, and then we can all see how fast your diesel really is ;)

Simon

MCS R56

I would love to rip you apart in my Cup but I ain't travelling the length of the country to do it. Your assumption is incorrect, in thinking my Cup is far superior. I just think the whole MGZ range looks rank, hence the "heap" comment. Feel free to embarass yourself against all the other cars there!

VaVa
on my thread for the hoff(which has been moved to other marques so i cant post) there is vid of me doing 1.27 lap at donington whilst chasing down a vvti 190 black exige ,someone posted a link to lap times at donington on that thread and yoz is on it with a 240 bhp clio and guess what his time is .....yep 1.27 .Just shows lap times arent all about power as i have only 210 bhp in a bigger car.

im not bothered wether folk like or dislike the zs but it is not a heap,its very capable,even as totally standard.I know of a couple of zs in the 14's at santa pod that are or were totally standard.
3 or 4 have hit 14.2/3 with nothing but induction and exhaust mods.

Cool.... It's personal opinion that I don't like it. I'm sure you don't like our little French s**t boxes - It would be boring if we all like the same things!

There are several Cups that have done low 14's with just breathing mods and one did a 13.9.... I have to admit that I never realised they were that quick... certainly standard the performance is unremarkable on paper.

What have you done to get 210bhp? Are they 175 standard?

no ,i actually have respect for the clio ,its very capable.
Most of the performance in my car comes from weight saving.
175 standard power ,mine has exhaust and induction with some fast road cams dropped in too.
Its still only relatively small power 210 and 210 but the power to weight is quite good.

VaVa
no ,i actually have respect for the clio ,its very capable.
Most of the performance in my car comes from weight saving.
175 standard power ,mine has exhaust and induction with some fast road cams dropped in too.
Its still only relatively small power 210 and 210 but the power to weight is quite good.

Plenty of torque though!!!... I forot they're a 2.5 V6....... and the K series are pretty light engines so I hear. Good stuff.:race:

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Quickest clio i have ever seen is that t/b'd ph 1. I have a video on my comp of is doing 20-120 in 18 seconds. 60 - 100 takes 6 seconds. I think the spec was around 230bhp weighing in at around 920kg.

th_MVI_1252.gif

Last edited:
A man after my own heart.

How much weight have you lost? What did you take out?

Where did the extra 30 bhp come from (they're 180 standard aren't they?)?

ive taken out absolutely everything that isnt essential ,its just a track/fun car so it doesnt need seats or anything,lol.
It has just one seat,carbon fibre with racing harness ,thats the only thing in the car apart from the dash and controls.
I had it weighed on the weighbridge some time back and it was 1050 kilos ,but weighbridges only weigh in 20 kilo increments and they always round upwards so it could realistically have been 1040 or even less .Since then i have removed and carefully weighed some more stuff and now my best guess is 1010 -1015 kilos .theres more to go at but it starts costing when you look at lighter wheels and carbon body panels etc.
So its currently around 210 bhp / ton.

R35 GTR
Quicker than me? :(

I'll boil my head if so :'(

probably not, but that will change if i keep the car and my license long enough.

260bhp last rolling road. car is full of crap all the time, i kept up with an rs4 recently, dont know if guy was trying...

from my first shite attempt at 0-60 and now i know how to gear change and use the power. 0-60 in 5.5 seconds would be no problem.

Quicker than me? :(

I'll boil my head if so :'(

probably not, but that will change if i keep the car and my license long enough.

260bhp last rolling road. car is full of crap all the time, i kept up with an rs4 recently, dont know if guy was trying...

from my first s**te attempt at 0-60 and now i know how to gear change and use the power. 0-60 in 5.5 seconds would be no problem.

lol, I was only playin anyway fella, I know a 1*2 with a turbo would be quite a weapon.

BMW M3 CSL

Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 360
Weight without Driver (KG) : 1384
Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 264.29
0 - 60 (Secs) : 4.44
0 - 100 (Secs) : 10.10
60 - 100 (Secs) : 5.66
Quarter Mile (Secs) : 12.68

Look a little to low imo though...

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R

from my first s**te attempt at 0-60 and now i know how to gear change and use the power. 0-60 in 5.5 seconds would be no problem.

lol, I was only playin anyway fella, I know a 1*2 with a turbo would be quite a weapon.

BMW M3 CSL

I'd say definitely on the low side.

It's a very accomplished car but it certainly isn't a 4.4 sec 0-62 car or 10 sec 100mph car.

I remember when EVO tested it and it actually wasn't quicker than the standard M3. Could of been a slightly faulty one tho.

BMW M3 CSL

I'd say definitely on the low side.

It's a very accomplished car but it certainly isn't a 4.4 sec 0-62 car or 10 sec 100mph car.

I remember when EVO tested it and it actually wasn't quicker than the standard M3. Could of been a slightly faulty one tho.

Yeah looks a little low, is certainly not that much slower to 100 though.

Not actually found a standard (none cab) M3 that will play yet, but from what ive heard its a completely different ball game.

I'd say 4.7secs to 62 is more realistic IMO.