ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whos got the quickest acceleration times!

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Beast of a car anyway, few tenths doesn't mean anything on the road. You must love it. Good man.

Leon Cupra 300
Hard to compare 0-60's as you're running SMG but the CSL i drove felt substantially more lively than the normal M3...

I reckon under 11 to 100 easy.

Hard to compare 0-60's as you're running SMG but the CSL i drove felt substantially more lively than the normal M3...

I reckon under 11 to 100 easy.

Yeah easily in the high 10 bracket, but i think the 10.10secs I found on the net were slightly ambitious.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Taken from the back of Evo mag, them timining it with their gear -

0-60 5.8 seconds :)

Dan

Clio Dci100 Dynamique
Where did you dream up a 300kg difference, dont be daft probably more like 50kg. Plus a remapped DCi would get well and truely owned by a 1*2 theres no comparison and i would know as i have owned them both.

Wel, tell that to parkers, a fabia vrs weighs in at 1315 kg and my little clio even with aircon is only a modest 980kg by comparison - so 335 kg's lighter or wot 54 stone? lol

Compared to a 172 tho like you say, theres no comparison. Except in gear of course :) Its quicker than a standard fabia tho

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Even if the Fabia was quicker, it's still a Skoda, and has worse body roll than a Transit van.

Dan

BMW M4; S1000 RR
lol, I was only playin anyway fella, I know a 1*2 with a turbo would be quite a weapon.

BMW M3 CSL

Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 360
Weight without Driver (KG) : 1384
Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 264.29
0 - 60 (Secs) : 4.44
0 - 100 (Secs) : 10.10
60 - 100 (Secs) : 5.66
Quarter Mile (Secs) : 12.68

Look a little to low imo though...

Nope, it feels like it's slower than that (911 GT3 is only 4 seconds to 60 but just feels a lot more fierce..). The BMW accelerates with little drama (unless you're using S6;)).

0-60 is a definite sub 4.5 seconds (with a passenger). Again though, all BMW M tech engines are hand built, all driven differently from birth, so you naturally get good ones and bad ones.

MCS R56
Compared to a 172 tho like you say, theres no comparison. Except in gear of course :) Its quicker than a standard fabia tho

Where exactly are you getting this info?

What about 30-60 in 2nd, 50-80 in 3rd, 80-100 in 4th....? These are in gear times where you would be left behind, if indeed your gear ratio's made it these speeds. Even if you dropped all the speeds by 10mph, it would still be no contest. So it don't matter!

Scirocco GT 210
Where did you dream up a 300kg difference, dont be daft probably more like 50kg. Plus a remapped DCi would get well and truely owned by a 1*2 theres no comparison and i would know as i have owned them both.

Wel, tell that to parkers, a fabia vrs weighs in at 1315 kg and my little clio even with aircon is only a modest 980kg by comparison - so 335 kg's lighter or wot 54 stone? lol

Beat me to it. I don't know where chris_marshall dreamt up that a fabia and clio only have a 50kg weight difference either.

I think he didn't bother reading the thread and just assumed we were comparing dci & 172/182 weights.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I don't know about you but I don't drive about at 50 in 3rd...

In gear times are meant to test the car's ability to accelerate without changing down.

Anyway, once again because you obviously didn't understand.

This guy is not saying he has a 182 eater, simply that it's probably one of the faster non-sports on here.

Where exactly are you getting this info?

What about 30-60 in 2nd, 50-80 in 3rd, 80-100 in 4th....? These are in gear times where you would be left behind, if indeed your gear ratio's made it these speeds. Even if you dropped all the speeds by 10mph, it would still be no contest. So it don't matter!

PH1 Oddy, M140i
well Clio DCi.......I do 50 to 70 in 7.8secs in 5th so you win......and look at my avitar!! Nice one!

Clio 172

Beat me to it. I don't know where chris_marshall dreamt up that a fabia and clio only have a 50kg weight difference either.

I think he didn't bother reading the thread and just assumed we were comparing dci & 172/182 weights.
Ive read the whole thread but on the basis on him comparing his DCi to the 1*2 thats what my post was about

Well to be fair, TheJesus has had work done since then from what I've heard and probably is quicker than when Chris had it.

it's picked up 22bhp to be exact :D

Jon, don't think i'm trying to start an arguement with you because i'm not... but how has it picked up 22bhp?

You mean it's picked up a generous reading of 22bhp on a rolling road which is known to give high figures?

With the mods my car had (and i'm presuming you haven't made any massive changes to it) I couldn't see it being 240bhp. Yoz overtook me at FCS 06 like I was standing still, granted he was stripped out big time but he was running an apart 240bhp and my car had no chance against it.

To be honest even when I had it, mass rolling road are another for giving high figures and I have doubts that it was really 218bhp then.

It certainly didn't seem like a 240bhp car when you took me out in it last. It just didn't feel "that quick" if you get me, maybe I was just used to the 300zx.

I was under the impression you'd hardly touched the car at all since owning it? Just had the suspension setup and ecu re-done as you said it had become corrupt?

williams and trophy
0-60 5.63
0-100 about 14.5-15 secs, maybe quicker
SQM 14.0 would go quicker.

in one.

dont really know about the throttle bodied one, maybe around 6 to 60 but lower times for rest. will have to sort em out , refit em then go pod or summat lol. was a match for thejesus' anyway ;)

MERCEDES CLS AMG
136_3687.jpg

Done at GTi international 3.9 60mph & 12 sec qtr mile

Jon, don't think i'm trying to start an arguement with you because i'm not... but how has it picked up 22bhp?

You mean it's picked up a generous reading of 22bhp on a rolling road which is known to give high figures?

With the mods my car had (and i'm presuming you haven't made any massive changes to it) I couldn't see it being 240bhp. Yoz overtook me at FCS 06 like I was standing still, granted he was stripped out big time but he was running an apart 240bhp and my car had no chance against it.

To be honest even when I had it, mass rolling road are another for giving high figures and I have doubts that it was really 218bhp then.

It certainly didn't seem like a 240bhp car when you took me out in it last. It just didn't feel "that quick" if you get me, maybe I was just used to the 300zx.

I was under the impression you'd hardly touched the car at all since owning it? Just had the suspension setup and ecu re-done as you said it had become corrupt?

It would have been better if you could have come out in it or driven it when I first got it as it was running a bit rough and certainly no where near as quick... the major problem with the car though was that powerflow system that was on it... did you know it was only 2" all the way through? lol

It's never going to feel as quick as a turbo, I still sometimes think my mates Scooby is quicker when I go out in that... but it's not. The RR figures are pish to be honest, I dont believe them for a second, but what that showed was that when I got it with the faulty sensor it made 175bhp @ the wheels, it made 203.8bhp @ the wheels after and only felt a shade faster... it also picked up 20bhp at the wheels at 2500rpm. That was also before the restrictive system was binned and it was remapped for the new one.

Stripped out I'm pretty certain it would be in the 12's to 100, realistically it's deffinitely 220bhp at least... as for Yoz's car, I'd love to have a rolling start comparison to see the difference. I dont think it would be that much quicker, even with all the bottom end and head work. It was slower than the GDI demo 182 according to everyone at FCS that went in both and I can keep up with that when it's 2 up... it's still quicker like, a passenger seems to make about a car to a car and a half difference when compaing Clio's side by side, but it didn't leave me standing by any means. Mod for mod it would hammer the YS Cup though, I'd put my house and liver on it.

Lionel Richie
our boy driving says it weren't that quick, it spent a bit of time in the gravel though ;)

can i have your kidneys aswell when yoz wipes the floor with you???

how many bedrooms does the house have?

;);)

Lionel Richie

yoz lapped you three times!

your driver had a half a lap headstart and was caught up in half a lap before Scott put it into the gravel pmsl There's probably a video kicking about of it somewhere.

Considering the mods, yours has a full steel bottom end and race balance as well as extensive headwork and probably wilder cams. When mine is eventually rebuilt (as compression is 196 per cylinder currently so little point) you'd have to be seriously deluded to think it would even be remotely as quick. Whoever builds and tunes your cars for you isn't in the same league, you know it and I know it. For a simple straight power run driver skill wont be playing a part, your's will always be faster on track, it's a track car, but mine is a road car and daily driver and realistically only need to pick up 20bhp from those mods... between GDI and Omex only the most foolish or die hard sack swinger would not think this possible lol

Lionel Richie
well any place anytime, the offer stands! (you and/or gdi)

there's nothing special about the bottom end in our cup nor the head

compression ratio is quite high though

nothing special maybe, but pistons, rods and higher comp mean you can run more revs and considerably bigger power as does headwork. be good to compare as they are now though and then whenever I get anything else done as its a good benchmark for the mods. is the Cup road legal still as you guys are only in Staffs, quick stint down the A34

Lionel Richie
its only got pistons fella! rpm has nothing to do with it as the top end limits the safe rpm to 7800 - 8000 (although the limiter is set to 7500)

again headwork doesn't make a lot of difference on the F4R the head is very good stock IMO

yes its still road legal

only pistons, I thought the spec was a little higher tbh... even so, they increase the compression and that's where most of the extra gains come from. That and headwork anyway.

I'm up for a mini meet soon anyway, need to get a spare weekend off work and you guys can bring the Cup to the pvt runway near me ;)

E90
only pistons, I thought the spec was a little higher tbh... even so, they increase the compression and that's where most of the extra gains come from. That and headwork anyway.

I'm up for a mini meet soon anyway, need to get a spare weekend off work and you guys can bring the Cup to the pvt runway near me ;)

Runway, my mum can drive fast in a straight line, put some corners in there for effect. I've just had my Golf RR'd at Fisher price, I have 456 hp, in the ashtray 677 at the wheels, so count me in too. I'll bring my dad aswell, so we can compare dad sizes lol :D

Runway, my mum can drive fast in a straight line, put some corners in there for effect. I've just had my Golf RR'd at Fisher price, I have 456 hp, in the ashtray 677 at the wheels, so count me in too. I'll bring my dad aswell, so we can compare dad sizes lol :D

corners dont really help when comparing performance... that's a race car, mine's a road car, so safe to assume it will be quicker round a track ;)

Craig, mine wont run a 13.1... it could, but I'm not willing to strip it out that much to find out... well, not yet, may strip all the sound deadening out when I have my own place to put all the s**t lol