ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whos got the quickest acceleration times!

my old blue hybrid ran 5.8 0-60 and 14.4 quater mile

My current black car hasnt been 0-60 tested but ran 14.1

Considering the mods, yours has a full steel bottom end and race balance as well as extensive headwork and probably wilder cams. When mine is eventually rebuilt (as compression is 196 per cylinder currently so little point) you'd have to be seriously deluded to think it would even be remotely as quick. Whoever builds and tunes your cars for you isn't in the same league, you know it and I know it. For a simple straight power run driver skill wont be playing a part, your's will always be faster on track, it's a track car, but mine is a road car and daily driver and realistically only need to pick up 20bhp from those mods... between GDI and Omex only the most foolish or die hard sack swinger would not think this possible lol

blah blah f**king blah.

You have talking s**t down to a fine art my friend.

53 Clio's & counting
my old blue hybrid ran 5.8 0-60 and 14.4 quater mile

My current black car hasnt been 0-60 tested but ran 14.1

same as my old one matey,filter,exhaust and re map and i ran 2 14.1s@ 99 mph in 30 degree heat,god i wish i had waited till it was cooler (ie a few months later instead of selling her lol)

isnt anyone more interested in how quick they can cover a to b or lap a track,any numpty can go quick in a straight line,all it takes is power.On track though it doesnt matter what mods you have ,skill behind the wheel determines ultimately how fast you are.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Considering the mods, yours has a full steel bottom end and race balance as well as extensive headwork and probably wilder cams. When mine is eventually rebuilt (as compression is 196 per cylinder currently so little point) you'd have to be seriously deluded to think it would even be remotely as quick. Whoever builds and tunes your cars for you isn't in the same league, you know it and I know it. For a simple straight power run driver skill wont be playing a part, your's will always be faster on track, it's a track car, but mine is a road car and daily driver and realistically only need to pick up 20bhp from those mods... between GDI and Omex only the most foolish or die hard sack swinger would not think this possible lol

blah blah f**king blah.

You have talking s**t down to a fine art my friend.

I agree he does like the sound of his own keyboard sometimes

BMW M4; S1000 RR
isnt anyone more interested in how quick they can cover a to b or lap a track,any numpty can go quick in a straight line,all it takes is power.On track though it doesnt matter what mods you have ,skill behind the wheel determines ultimately how fast you are.

True, but we're not comparing drivers here, we're comparing cars. So keep the pointless posts to a minimum:)

I for one would like to see the result, I've seen some of TheJesus' videos against suspectingly superior cars, and the result always makes me chuckle:)

R35 GTR
only pistons, I thought the spec was a little higher tbh... even so, they increase the compression and that's where most of the extra gains come from. That and headwork anyway.

I'm up for a mini meet soon anyway, need to get a spare weekend off work and you guys can bring the Cup to the pvt runway near me ;)
I would love to see you get owned..;)

Cliosport182
only pistons, I thought the spec was a little higher tbh... even so, they increase the compression and that's where most of the extra gains come from. That and headwork anyway.

I'm up for a mini meet soon anyway, need to get a spare weekend off work and you guys can bring the Cup to the pvt runway near me ;)
I would love to see you get owned..;)

you'd have enjoyed me getting panned by an R34 GTS-T then the other day lol. thing was just chucking out constant flames that lasted about 5 seconds each time... I would have asked what it was running but it just fucked off lol

True, but we're not comparing drivers here, we're comparing cars. So keep the pointless posts to a minimum:)

ok if were after pointless posts ,how about this one,pointless in the fact that its total bull.Owner reckons he can do 90 -100 in 5th in his oil burner in a couple of seconds ,yeah off a cliff maybe ,i reckon he should try it and film it ,ON A FLAT ROAD!

After 90 is pretty much the end of 4th in a DCI, you'll find 90-100 will take a good couple of seconds which could take it up to and past 20 seconds, which is slow, but pretty good for a 1.5 by any standards.

williams and trophy

i agree......maybe i should borrow ur car for a weekend of get to know it time jon

il be careful.........honest lol

or maybe i should just throw the bodies back on the willy n have a run against both of ya ;)

although to be fair...a quicker car, either in a straight line or on track will usually be the quicker car . especially when the specs are so massively different

Clio Dci100 Dynamique
however, 50 - 80 in 3rd takes 5.5secs!! Thats more like it!

but how would you know?
this is the thing see, are all these ppl posting their times based on having some kind of proffessional timing equipment?
My clocks my not be that accurate ppl sayin 60 on clock isn't actually 60, but if manufacturer say 0-60 is 10secs and i time it the same to within say .5secs and do the same thing after ive chipped it and it shaves off 2seconds, hows that still inaccuate?

perhaps i'm missing the point but i'm stil timing to the same point under teh same conditions, just once before the mod and once after :s

i agree......maybe i should borrow ur car for a weekend of get to know it time jon

il be careful.........honest lol

or maybe i should just throw the bodies back on the willy n have a run against both of ya ;)

although to be fair...a quicker car, either in a straight line or on track will usually be the quicker car . especially when the specs are so massively different

true, and after a couple of laps in the GDI demo car it's amazing how bad mine is compared to it interms of handling especially... mine is deffinitely no track/race car, it's better at the straight line stuff and still well enough setup to outhandle a lot of Clio's, but track based cars are totally different. Spec for spec though, purely straigh line power tests it will be quicker than the YS one... I should be getting a couple more mods shortly too :D