ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whos iPhone 4 has broke already?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Well, managed to get 2 days out of mine :(

I can now no longer call people unless its on loud speaker!? It connects but both the mike and ear speaker are dead

What the f**k is all that about after two days!

Sif there is going to be any stock to replace it with too!

What should I do?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'm currently browsing CS on landscape, on wifi luckily as due to the fact I'm holding it landscape I only have 1 bar signal.

I'd pretty much call that broken.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
my front facing camera hasn't worked from the word go. done back ups and restoring but still funked.

i am off to cambridge apple on monday for a genius appointment... :/

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
my front facing camera hasn't worked from the word go. done back ups and restoring but still funked.

i am off to cambridge apple on monday for a genius appointment... :/

I wanted to FaceTime you my hairline too :(

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
yes. in my bedroom the 3g would get 3/4 bars easy and sometimes even 3g signal.

i get 1/2 bar now and no 3g or E.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
LOL i've tried everything. Tom the unofficial ''genius'' has been helping me.

Megane
My first one was broken (No sim inserted)
The second one they wanted to give me was covered in glue and the sim tray wouldn't go in
Third one is running fine!

DC5
Mine wasn't playing any sound the first night. It thought the head phones were plugged in. Luckily a reset sorted it.

182 Full of Fat
A lad from my work got his SECOND replacement today lol
He's literally had 30 minutes use from 2 days and looks depressed!

BMW E46 330i Touring
The lower signal strength in general is due to iOS4, not the iPhone. 3G/S also suffer from a lower indicated signal on the new update. However, it seems to be just the way the software interprets the signal you receive. My phone receives data when supposedly not in a 3G signal area way quicker than my old phone did when connected to Wifi!

The "you're holding it wrong" signal problem is a different matter, however! Mine's now bumpered.

Mondeo STTDCI
So known issues -

- Signal drop when touching bottom left corner - bumper rectifies
- Yellow blobs on screen
- Possible getting near data limits!

M135i
i didnt have an iphone before this one but im not 100% convinced about the battery life on them, im not sure if im leaving somthing running or somthing of the like but my battery seems to be going down rather fast

BMW E46 330i Touring
The good bits HUGELY outweigh the bad! I can't believe how I managed to look at the 3G screen all that time without getting headaches tbh!

Suprised how many problems i've seen on Gizmondo with the ip4

Lol. Just lol.

i didnt have an iphone before this one but im not 100% convinced about the battery life on them, im not sure if im leaving somthing running or somthing of the like but my battery seems to be going down rather fast

It's just your imagination dude tbh. Unless it's something like Pandora in the background. Them being 'active' in the multitask tray will use no extra battery.

Sounds like a heap. I'll wait until it's all ironed out until I get one.

Not really. The signal thing is being over blown because people like to slate Apple. I think if you've got a bad signal, covering the corner doesn't help but 99% of the time it makes no difference. Mine certainly doesn't do it. In general I think the 4 suffers from a worse signal reception which makes the comparsons seem worse.

The good bits HUGELY outweigh the bad! I can't believe how I managed to look at the 3G screen all that time without getting headaches tbh!

Lol. I had to help my boss with his 3G today and then you really notice the difference.

Last edited:
  BMW E46 330i Touring
Agreed on the signal front and 3G front. I'm winding my missus up as she's waiting for a white 4 and her 3G now feels like a Nokia 3210 compared to the 4!

People using the signal issue as an excuse to not buy it are just finding any reason. It's really not that bad... from my experience of living in a city with a strong signal.

Lee

BMW M2C
Mine is doing the speaker thing. I can only use it on speaker or with a Bluetooth headset in. My 3G did this in the past, and that was down to it thinking it still had headphones in, even a hard reset isn't fixing mine though.