ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whos iPhone 4 has broke already?

Mondeo STTDCI
I cant believe what a disappointment they are really. Lots of people reporting issues.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Perhaps not, but my phone is perfectly usable. Pardon me for being selfish but I don't really care about the problems everyone else is experiencing! My phone has exceeded my expectations of it so I'm more than happy.

1998 BMW e46 323i
Was at Apple this morning, having my 3GS replaced again. I had a play with a 4. I was expecting to be completely sold by it, and to hate my 3GS immediately afterwards bi just didn't. I'd like a better battery and 720p recording, but the rest, even the screen I'm really not as fussed about.

My 3GS owes me too much to sell it at a loss to get a 4 just now. I will get a 4 at some point. But I'm not in a rush.

I'd be gutted if I'd upgraded, had a prob and couldn't get a replacement quickly.

Megane
Perhaps not, but my phone is perfectly usable. Pardon me for being selfish but I don't really care about the problems everyone else is experiencing! My phone has exceeded my expectations of it so I'm more than happy.

You must have had low expectations, it really isn't anything special IMO.
Bit nippier and a better screen, bit better looking (totally subjective)
It does look classy though.

The signal thing is being over blown because people like to slate Apple.

I disagree.

I love Apple products, and will stick with the 4 even if it means replacing it.

But mine is faulty, the reception is dropping from 5-1 bar within 10-15 seconds of picking it up in my left hand.

No matter what I buy, I expect it to be 100% perfect, this is not.

BMW E46 330i Touring
You must have had low expectations, it really isn't anything special IMO.
Bit nippier and a better screen, bit better looking (totally subjective)
It does look classy though.

It's a lot, lot better than the 3G I had previously. Maybe if you've owned a 3GS then the difference isn't as telling?

I'm by no means an Apple fanboy; I've only ever owned two Apple products. But I love this gadget. If you owned a 3G / 3GS and then bought a 4, why do so if you don't think it's anything special??

Golf R/Leon FR
Mine has been problem free so far, (and the Mrs'). Really loving the 4. But I have come from a 3G. Not had any signal issues either :)

Ad

MK2 FRS
Mine is problem free.

Ben, I had my 3G 2 years problem free, you couldnt make one last 2 weeks! LOL

No problems with mine. Had the yellow blobs but they disappeared within a couple of hours and I couldn't give a flying f*ck about anyone else's phone tbh.

FF RB 182
I can hardly hear the person on the other end of the phone when making a call.

Last edited:
The signal thing is being over blown because people like to slate Apple.

Other way round too, with Apple fan boys over looking these problems, so fair is fair! At the end of the day, a £500+ handset should not have issues no matter where you place your gruby mits!

Went in to o2 today too see if they had stock for the misses. They have held 2 back as display models so had a play on that, women in the shop said that people have come in offering silly money for them!

Megane
Camera, HD vid, facetime etc etc and SO much faster

I forgot facetime :rasp:

a925.jpg

Mini Cooper S sport
Camera, HD vid, facetime etc etc and SO much faster

But seeing as it's only of use to iPhone 4 owners, is it just for the fanboys to w**k to each other? ;)

Video calls on mobiles are nothing new, but it's just funny that now an Apple device can do it (on an exclusive and therefore slightly useless basis) and it has a 'cool' name, it's f**king amazing lol

Disclaimer: I still think the iPhone 4 is cool

Leon Cupra 300
This is the first one I've had so nothing to compare to! Works well though, weather it'd be worth buying contract out is another story!

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
I really want one, however after hearing these current issues Im going to wait.

If I had payed 500 quid for a phone, which has problems such as the signal dropping. I wouldnt want to be told, 'welllll just buy a case for it and its fine'

Facetime is cool, not as good a quality as I was expecting though. Apple made it out to be some sort of HD video calling, the promo vids were very deceptive.

S3, Polo
A friend of mine said that if you hold it a certain way, you can make the signal go from maximum to minimum. Awesome.

Chuffed I've kept my 3GS tbh.

EDIT: May be a repost >>
[YOUTUBE]Pkxdk9zpS98[/YOUTUBE]

Never above 25mpg
I love everyone getting defensive over this.

That hotUKdeals link was prime for some Apple hate but it also got across the point that, even though the iPhone4 is a brilliant bit of equipment, (which no-one is denying) it still remains that they introduced it into the market with the obvious flaw of the signal loss.

The way in which they've tried to discourage the hype by saying it's the way it's held and also by trying to rectify the problem saying you need to spend £25 on the bumper to stop the signal loss isn't really justifiable.

It still remains a faulty product and not fit for purpose.

Now I don't have one myself but I'd be pretty pissed if I did after having to pay all that money out for one and for it to not even work!
The nicest thing Apple could have done to stop disappointment was to delay the product rather than spend millions on rectifying an already known problem (which is what they will undoubtedly have to do).

I'm sorry if this has already been covered but I felt it needed saying.

Mondeo STTDCI
Seriously Dan I know you're a total fan boy but even you must see that this is a bit of a flaw in the product?

M135i
Just had a play around to see what the fuss is about as i havent had any problems of loosing signal or anything. It seems you have to hold the phone pretty tight for it loose signal. i dont know how everyone else holds theres but for me i dont squeeze my phone when im holding it.

Of course this is all just imo and might just be that i hold it different but i cnt see what the whole fuss is about

I've tried to make mine lose signal and I can't seem to do it! Lol.

Seriously Dan I know you're a total fan boy but even you must see that this is a bit of a flaw in the product?

Obviously it's a slight problem for some people. The 4 has a worse signal than an 3GS even sat on a table, not a massive difference but still a change.

I think 90% of these problems are people jumping on the bandwagon. All these people on here going on about 'not fit for purpose' 'should do a recall' who has one? Exactly.

I haven't had a single problem with mine and I'm a weirdo lefty.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I've tried to make mine lose signal and I can't seem to do it! Lol.

Maybe you live in a good signal area.

I spend a lot of my time in the sticks and reckon i'd often lose signal. My 3gs struggles as it is.

Tbh though, if it was upgrade time i'd still get a 4 and live with it lol

Never above 25mpg
So people getting defensive is silly, but you're allowed to bash on about something you have no idea about?

No, I have a complete understanding of the whole thing and I never aimed my post at you so no need to target me, just stating the obvious really. ;)

BMW E46 330i Touring
I think 90% of these problems are people jumping on the bandwagon. All these people on here going on about 'not fit for purpose' 'should do a recall' who has one? Exactly.

I haven't had a single problem with mine and I'm a weirdo lefty.

+1 to this. I'm cack-handed and have no issue.

If Apple want to do a recall and replace my used phone with a brand new one in a month or two's time then great, but I'll continue to enjoy using it in the meantime thanks.

People who don't own one and profess they don't want to, cool. If you don't have one then why keep banging on about the flaws?!?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Oh, and I'm sat here at my parents' place, where I used to get no signal at all with my 3G when I picked it up (it's true that all phones lose some signal when you handle them, due to the internal aerials) I now have one bar. Not much but definitely a stronger, more reliable signal!

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Point is most people want to have a bash as it were at apple products. My N95 used to lose reception when on calls but no one used to bash them, infact they were classed as a great phone.

Only time ive lost reception on the iP4 when being held is when im in a crap area for reception anyway, at work i have a FULL 3G reception and when held it stays there solid.

I paid Full price for a Sim free handset and am made up with it, had a dirty BB user trying to tell me how s**t the iP4 is even though he hadn't touched one. He got told to f*ck off quickly ;)

See what happens with the update and for now please just get over it.

Lee

BMW M2C
Got an appointment at the genius bar for tomorrow. Sounds like they're just going to swap my handset.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Mine is doing the speaker thing. I can only use it on speaker or with a Bluetooth headset in. My 3G did this in the past, and that was down to it thinking it still had headphones in, even a hard reset isn't fixing mine though.
Guessing the above