ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

why 197 cams on a 1*2?

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
why upgrade the 1*2 cams to the 197 cams?

there a similar profile, so what's the gains?

Phil

Megane r26
Gains only seem worthy when there fitted and mapped in conjunction with the stone automotive rs2 inlet manifold, no doubt chip, dan from sjm or mike from mwm will be along to explain.

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
I am on 185 with the rstuner remap, stealth exhaust and matched inlets.

mate rob made 195 with 428 cams and group n map.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Take all figures with a pinch of salt Fil_b. My midly modified Clio made 190hp @ RSTuning with 197 cams and an RS2 but it drives amazingly better on them than it did with the standard profile. I'm only going to 421's because I got them at a good price and I know the timing will be spot on with them where as with the 197 cams its still likely I've not got them in quite the right sweet spot.

Booked in with Paul @ RSTuning again on the 2nd of December with the new engine so i'll update then

Mick

Cup In bits
you wouldn't get 200 on them on their own. Dan's made 200.0bhp on them with an RS2. I think Dan's was mid 190's on the standard matched inlets.

Are you forgetting who's account your on lol.

@MicKPM it will be good to see someone in Britian try out a more aggressive profile.

Cup In bits
I've already spoke to Paul and I don't he's ever done 421's with an RS2 before so yeah, always good to try new things.

Aky2008 has had some good results on his inlet but its far from a standard engine and its also not a known RR (Russia)

Its always put about on here that its pointless to do from the test's Stone automotive done which I just can't/couldn't get my head around. I have heard a few reasons to why the results were so poor now though.

Good luck.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Well I've got a graph for the current setup with a nice flat torque curve. I'll have something to compare it to on the 2nd and if its worse I'll cry lol

Yeah that Russian RS2'd car did cracking figures until recently. I love the manifold myself but others don't and so refuse to try it.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Just have to raise the idle speed to around 1100rpm as standard idle is unstable as hell.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Around £150 but they need to be timed up correctly, the standard setting dont get the best out of them.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I've a set of 197 cams sat in front of me here, I planned to fit to my car but my engine went pop instead.

As I purchased a brand new engine I didn't fancy stripping it down to fit them.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
You've got a low mileage, good running engine, better to see full gains from the cams, than in a tired engine

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
They are an improvement but it's a small one and only worth it if you are doing the belt anyway. (Unless you have an rs2 and really want 200bhp)

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
I wait on my belts for now. Only in their 1st year and 4k miles lol

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
You do sacrifice some peak Jakey, not much but what you will gain is a flat and constant torque figure from 3k to the limiter. They make a great addition especially if you track your car.

172, Tiguan
I must get mine fitted, they're still in the box on top of the car, along with the Meg injectors and the ARP bolts.