ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why Does Everyone **** Off Modified Cars?

Yeah okay you do get the odd chav in his s**t xr2i that does look like a t**t, but i think my car looks good.

Yeah it may not go very fast but thats not what i bought if for. If i want to put big wheels on it, have a huge ICE install and replace the standard bumpers with a bodykit then i f**king will!

People that **** off other peoples cars just because they dont look standard need to f**k off and get a life. I could understand it if we all had one car between us, but we dont. We each have our own car (some of us lucky to own more) to do with as we please regardless of what anyone else thinks.

I love my car to bits, its my pride and joy and when people **** off modified cars, just because they're modified, it really pisses me off. Someone has gone through alot of time, effort and money to get THEIR car looking the way THEY want it to only to have people b**ch about it.

If you havent got anything positive to say then dont say anything at all!

Let the hate posts and PMs commence.

Focus ST
If I'm honest I critised mod car's and then really rated some others.

I guess its just down to my menstral cycle at the time and the car of course.

But that aside, chill out. Does it really bother that much?? :mad:

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
I don't **** off modified cars until they get to a certain poinit where they become excessive, ridiculas or just plain s**t.

For instance, a 182, on coilovers, different light weight alloys, stripped interior, roll cage, buckets, harnesses, is a modified car but its not s**t and won't get slagged off.

What will get slagged off is a car, big or small engined, which has been customised so much it looks a mess. Large bodykits that don't match the curves of the original car just look gash, exhausts so big you could launch cruise missiles from them, wheels so big it looks like a kids push chair and what I generally find linked to this type of car, is a gobby, shitty attitude, poor standard of driving and a blatant pisstake.

Whilst every modified car isn't a shed, its a large majority which are, therefore they have a terrible reputation.

At the end of the day car designers are paid a s**t load of money to design some of the best cars in the world that meet environmental and safety standards. A few hours sat in front of a CAD programme playing around with the cosmetics of a car is, in my opinion, a waste of time and money.

My 2ps worth.

Ziel Nurburgring
Are you really that bothered what other people think? If you like what you've done to the car, thats fine. Others might not and this is a forum to express opinions, good or bad.

Engles Mummy
Cliobcx -

I understand where you’re coming from my friend but you’re going about it the wrong way. I'm going to be blunt & honest with you; no one really cares m8.

You’re fighting a battle which doesn't even exist and to be honest again most rude boy modified cars are s**t.

If you like your car then who cares what people think, you seem to worry to much about that. Bottom line is the majority of cliosporters are all poofs anyway, so why let them bother you?

Adam

Ziel Nurburgring
My 2 favorite comment of 2005 regarding mod'd cars

'How does it feel to have spent £7k on your car for it to look like its laughing at you?'

'It looks like a smash robot'

Focus ST
Subway said:
Bottom line is the majority of cliosporters are all poofs anyway, so why let them bother you?

Adam

OOOOOooooooooooooo, handbags at dawn...... :rasp:

Chocolate Bar™
modify a car to make it look better than standard, if a standard car looks better its allowed to be mocked (my principle anyhow). i'm especially against cars which are made unsafe be excessive DIY modding, for example cutting springs etc. Other than that i have nothing against modding cars, its nice to make your car different than the rest. Also is a must that all mods are insured.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
I like modified cars..every car I've ever had has been modified or some way ...I do not however like kitted, ice'd sheds which go slow, corner slower and look frankly embarrassing.

Focus ST
Most of the cars at FCS I actually quite liked.

Didn't like the clio's with hydraulic suspension though.....

what really gets my goat is people that mod williams! if frank thought it would have made it better he would have put it on in the factory.

some modded cars look mint. its when chavs do it on a shoestring or put a teatray on a rover 214, now that makes me lol. it's something it never should have been....

MERCEDES CLS AMG
I hate kitted up cars - there toss. When i was 17 i was spinning round in a standard looking MK 1 x reg Golf driver with a 2.0 GTi engine fitted whilst my brain dead mates were sticking fibre glass kits to there XR3i's. Back in 1991 it would leave most cars for dead. Instead of trying to make them look fast with silly kits and wheels - make them fast by tuning the engine. You will grow out of this, trust me.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
yorkie said:
what really gets my goat is people that mod williams! if frank thought it would have made it better he would have put it on in the factory.

some modded cars look mint. its when chavs do it on a shoestring or put a teatray on a rover 214, now that makes me lol. it's something it never should have been....

Frank williams has precisley fook all to do with the clio williams....lol oh and the williams is a compromise as all road cars are.... it can be made much quicker, handle better which is all good in my book...

Personally, I dont like modified cars because of the drivers. Around here the boy racers with kitted cars drive like complete tossers, ragging the pants off their 1.2 :S I just dont get it...

...most also look cack :p

"modified" cars is a bit of a general term tbh. Do i like cars with subtle wheels, engine/exhaust/suspension/interior improvements? yep. Do i like cars with rediculously oversized wheels, 5 6" exhaust boxes on the back, neons, more audio/tv kit than a branch of dixons and few dozens kilos of P38 and bits of bathtub smoothed in to create an "individual" car then hell no. Problem with alot of modded cars is the owners have no taste or start off ok and simply dont know when to stop and end up with a dog turd of a car thats cost a small fortune to create.

Notorious said:
Frank williams has precisley fook all to do with the clio williams....lol oh and the williams is a compromise as all road cars are.... it can be made much quicker, handle better which is all good in my book...

twas a generalisation.

oooooookay, wasnt really expecting any posts in here. Just wanted to vent some steam! As above, i probably will grow out of it and id love a fast car but i cant afford to insure one just yet, so im having fun with my little engined car at the mo!

I DO love my car and i DONT care what anyone else thinks. We are all entitled to our own opinions after all. And we'd be sheep if we didnt have them! ;)

133/225/CLS AMG
Don't see any harm in expressing yourself mate!! :D

I can understand where your coming from, if someone doesn't like it then thats their opinion. But to say a car is cr@p just coz it is modified is just ignorant. Sums up that BarryBoys website!!!

At the end of the day if you like it, then you go for it. There are plenty of people that don't like Meganes yet I bought one. All the Jap lot think that Euro cars are cr@p, do we care though???? I know I don't!! :)

I love the "i cant afford a fast car" excuse. Heard it a million times and its normally the same people who say they cant afford £2k on insurance that then go and spunk more than 4x that on bumpers, paint, lights and audio etc.

Golf GTD
Loony said:
I love the "i cant afford a fast car" excuse. Heard it a million times and its normally the same people who say they cant afford £2k on insurance that then go and spunk more than 4x that on bumpers, paint, lights and audio etc.

was gonna say the same thing

Beetle
People dont **** off modified cars just because they dont look like a standard one, most of the time they **** them off because they look sh*t. People usually have a bad choice of kit with lines that don't suit the car at all, i.e. japstyle kits on clios ffs:rolleyes:
Most enthusiasts would choose a few subtle mods on the exterior and then do performance enhancing work.
If you dont like peoples opinions or attitudes on here may i suggest http://www.clio-stylers.co.uk/

Clio Dynamique 1.2 16v
Personally some look nice, some look funny as hell.

Its just a phase, you will grow out of it, then look back and think....why the hell did i spend £1,000's sticking bumpers, and other pointless parts on my car when i could have spent that money on a much nicer standard car which looked/sounded and handled alot better!

Dont worry about it lol :D

Turbos.
What i don't get is why people put attention seeking huge bodykits on their cars and then they say "They don't care what people think." Surely that is what garish paint jobs and 10,000 watt stereos are for? Sounds like a knee jerk defensive reaction to me...

As someone has said, people don't hate modified cars, they hate badly modified cars. The fact that most people grow out of the kitted Max Power chariots thing at 17 says it all.

1.6 focus zetec....
I like modified cars....unless they look like the pimp my ride uk advert kinda car then thats a no go!! I modified my clio and am now in the process of modifing my focus...to a subtle extent and not to over the top!! My mates all have fast cars and are more into racing rather than showing but i always thought whats the point having a fast car when you cant use the power??

cliobcx just let the comment fly over your head...aslong as you smile when you go out to get in your car every morning then whats the problem??

Kiza

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Hi all-

Modifying your car is a question of Beauty is in the eye of the beholder-

I dont agree with the comment that making a car just go as fast as possible means you are the daddy- quite the opposite infact- having a banged out ol clio that does 0-60 in 4 secs is as stupid as kitting out an MR2 with a ferrari kit- ie they are both as bollox as each other-

I guess most peoples perception of a decent moddied' motor will have seen the owner take a fairly respectable CLEAN base car-( & for the purpose of this forum that could range from a 1.2 dynamique to a 182- } and make some some modifications to make their vehicle stand out in a good way from the crowd.. most woodby modifiers will do the usual to the engine- Chip, filter & EXhaust & maybe a fancy rocker cover- even shiny engine leads-
Then also move onto the exterior with alloys & trick body mods-
This is what I call middle of the road & generally you cant veer to far off the beaten track here-
A perfick example of this is this car for sale on the forum at the mo-
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=139539 R3OBC

you then I guess move onto the next stage which is where peoples tastes differ & where opinions clash & popularity is replaced by individuality-
Mods like body kits-Roll cages, big sub installs, Engine changes all come to the forefront-
& where bodge jobs are often a common feature rather than professional ones-
Having these types of things wont please everyone-

At the end of the day- if you want to please everyone stick to middle of the road mods-
if you want to please yourself & dont care for peoples opinions do what you like to car & be happy with what you have created...

Steve

H22A7 Accord Type R
MATT BLACK said:
I hate kitted up cars - there toss. When i was 17 i was spinning round in a standard looking MK 1 x reg Golf driver with a 2.0 GTi engine fitted whilst my brain dead mates were sticking fibre glass kits to there XR3i's. Back in 1991 it would leave most cars for dead. Instead of trying to make them look fast with silly kits and wheels - make them fast by tuning the engine. You will grow out of this, trust me.

lol, the man speaks sense!!

I only **** off cars that I think look sh*t, modified or unmodified. It just so happens that most styling houses have a bit more flair than your average car owner. Ergo nearly all modified cars look sh*t.

This is just my opinion and I'm entitled to make it known on a discussion forum. It's my view that if a person doesnt like honest and frank obseravtions, then perhaps the internet is far from the best place to frequent :D

kitted cars look cack, and always will LOL

but please mod your car up with lots of fibre glass and make it loud and farty..............and i will continue to point and laugh at you lol

Renault Clio 1.4 RT
O.k so i own a fully modified Mk1. She's my baby & what can i say....i'm a woman & i wanted it to look pretty!

To be honest, some of you speak sense.......why would we do this to our cars if we didn't care what people thought? I admit, i like people looking at my car & the attention it gets, although if some people don't like it that's fine too. It is personal taste & my car will always make me smile no matter who thinks what of it. However, some people do need to just 'live & let live.' Appricate how much money & time has gone into our cars because believe me owning a fully modified car is a full-time job, my bumpers for example need respraying once every 3 months or so!

This site is not the best for owners of modified cars as the members are generally into performance/standard looking cars. I stay on here because they is a lot of knowledge floating around & if you have a problem someone is bound to know the answer. Now, i don't want to offend anyone but i hate MK2's and MK3's. I think they are an autrocity of the car world. Infact, i don't tend to like any standard looking cars especially the newer ones. In my opinion car designers get far too much money & are pissed each time they actually do any work! However, with rant over (& never to be repeated!) i've got a lot of respect for anyone who owns a car & takes an interest & i'm not bothered if that's styling or performace. Even though i don't like a particular model of car i can still see the work that's gone into it, and still see the good points. I would never **** off anyone's car (apart from the above, sorry!) i would instead mention what i do like about it.

You can ask Freebone, i am not a chav & i do not have a pair of gold hoops the size of a ferris wheel hanging from my earlobes.

As for the whole not affording faster cars business. I couldn't up until now simply because i choose to spend my money, & a lot of money, on looks. I am soon to be purchasing a MK1 valver as i can now afford the insurance without it costing the gross national product of Brazil, but be warned don't think that i won't be modifying this one to excess, because i will. Personally the only Clio i wouldn't touch is a Williams, simply because they are worth a shed load as they are.

Sorry if i've offended anyone, it wasn't intentional. And for the record i am 23, nearly 24, and will be into modifying for a few years yet, so maybe you don't always grow out of it at 17!

Volvo S60 T5
I have no problems with modded car, but from a professional point of veiw and an X mot testers point of veiw, as long as its done properly its good.

Seem plenty of death traps, with loads of money spent on bodykits and ICE, but bugger all on safety aspects like tyres and brakes.

Seen some shocking stuff, amp wiring kits fitted with wiring around moving suspension parts and no fuses. 4 illegal tyres, brakes down to the metal and so on.

Spend the money on safety 1st then the mods.