ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why doesn't anyone have a low mileage ph1 172?

Clio 182
Doing my head in, been looking for weeks for a decent low mileage cars and every single one goes so bloody quickly!Is it just me or ph1 not becoming more sort after then a ph2?

Re: Why does anyone have a low mileage ph1 172

I don't understand your thread title mate, should it not be 'why doesn't'.

Tbh when your looking, you have to be looking at least three times a day, evey where ! Then be prepared to call up as soon as you see the ad, the if it sounds nice, be prepared to see it asap. As the old saying goes 'you snooze, you lose'

Clio 182
Re: Why does anyone have a low mileage ph1 172

I would love to change the title to make sense, if the stupid edit button would work :}Been doing that for 3 weeks now missed every single one!

If your doing as much as you can, there nothing else you can do really, except for maybe widen your search ? One will turn up. I hate looking for cars.

Clio 182
Its a national search lol, and some people just ask stupid money for there ph1, they must be on another bloody planet too me sometimes lol

911 GT3, 320i, M3
What do you consider low millage?

these are cars which, used everyday and around 6-7 years old so 40,000 must be quite low would have thought average was 70-80K

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
If its got low miles, the price will be higher.

Its not all about low miles, you wouldnt buy a car that was 8 years old and had done 500 miles...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Danny 172 had his at 59k And there isn't one on autotrader under 60k.
As write off offers go he's going to get a good un!

There an older car mate and people like to drive them.

Clio 182
Haha there are a few 39k ones kicking about at the min on AutotraderAnd that exclusive does look rather mint

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Mines had 59k on it before i crashed it last friday, still absolutley heartbroken.

Looking at the receipts for it there worth atleast 25% of what the car was new (£15,995)

I will get another asap and i will pay a premium for it if i have to, and i will travel to cornwall for it if i have to.

If its the difference between a minter and somthing thats in shoddy condition then ill just pay the extra for the flight and go that bit further, what is a 500m drive to own a nice example?

Clio 182
I agree with you there Danny, maybe worth just holding out a bit longer and put up with my 57 bhp 106 diesel until then!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Mines had 59k on it before i crashed it last friday, still absolutley heartbroken.

Looking at the receipts for it there worth atleast 25% of what the car was new (£15,995)

I will get another asap and i will pay a premium for it if i have to, and i will travel to cornwall for it if i have to.

If its the difference between a minter and somthing thats in shoddy condition then ill just pay the extra for the flight and go that bit further, what is a 500m drive to own a nice example?

Agree fully, thats why mine came from Luton!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I agree with you there Danny, maybe worth just holding out a bit longer and put up with my 57 bhp 106 diesel until then!

Definatley mate, if it means taking the day off work then so be it!

I wouldnt settle for anything but concourse condition imo!

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
I wouldnt be too hung up on mileage
As long as it has been well looked after & has got full service history you should be fine.
Ive just bought my 3rd ph1, 8 years old with 55k & it feels better than my first 2 year old one with 25k on the clock :)

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Cars are designed to do 150K plus these days, comfortably.

Service history and an owner that isn't a complete tool are FAR more important than low mileage.

I'd much rather buy a car with 80K which has every service and a folder full of history than a car with 40K which has normal history.

When people are putting miles on cars they tend to look after them much better than people who don't put a lot of miles on them.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Ivan's ph1 is looser than a wizards sleeve on 115k or something & his put out 177bhp at the Surrey Rolling road, standard.

Miles arent important at all. Condition is. IMHO of course.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Miles isn't just about the condition of the engine though is it.

Condition of interior, exterior, gearbox, suspension, are going to be worse on a car with more miles.