ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why doesn't anyone have a low mileage ph1 172?

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
I picked up a quality flame red ps1 with 50k on it a few weeks back for under 3k with FSH and years mot. They are still available.

Renault clio 172
i have a silver one for sale on a 2001 plate with only 32500 miles on the clock just had cambelt change aswell!

Mk2 1.2 Campus
Miles isn't just about the condition of the engine though is it.

Condition of interior, exterior, gearbox, suspension, are going to be worse on a car with more miles.

Agree with both comments, it's about mileage and condition as a combination. I have a 50k PH1 but if I was looking my self I would consider all plus and minus points, not just mileage

53 Clio's & counting
^^ Exactly mate, spot on here, remeber low miles does not mean better car, my Ph1 has 130k and is kicking out 141 bhp @ the wheels, with just a cat back exhaust, which is more than other low mileage ones iv seen, and although my bodywork could do with a good PC, the interior is good, there is no creaks or rattles and drives the same as my other halfs 37k 182, i say look at a few with slightly higher miles matey, they will still be fine as long as looked after

Clio 182
bought mine 3 weeks ago on trader and it had done 58,000. got it for £2800 but had to travel stright from work in huddersfield to coventry in rush hour traffic! lol. WORTH IT THOUGH!

Lionel Richie
i've just bought a black phs1 on 77K, its having the following done to it

full respray both sides and bumpers (stone chips manily)
engine is coming out, for new clutch, cambelt, vvt pulley, new heat shield, new clutch and throttle cables, new throttle body etc etc
wheels refurbed etc

basically i'm making a minter, interior is mint bar the steering wheel, new OE one going in

will sell for £4K not a penny less, but i will more than likely keep it

i will be putting up a restoration thread when work starts

Titanium 182

engine is coming out, for new clutch, cambelt, vvt pulley, new heat shield, new clutch and throttle cables, new throttle body etc etc
wheels refurbed etc

basically i'm making a minter, interior is mint bar the steering wheel, new OE one going in

Awesome :D
I love standard resto threads !

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

wheels refurbed etc

The difference here Fred, is that you have both the ability and the availability of parts to get the job done correctly. :)

Most Joe Publics (myself included) would be nervous of doing what is essentially a rebuild after buying the car.

D.

320d
I will get another asap and i will pay a premium for it if i have to, and i will travel to cornwall for it if i have to.

If its the difference between a minter and somthing thats in shoddy condition then ill just pay the extra for the flight and go that bit further, what is a 500m drive to own a nice example?

Your right there mate. I would only buy one with FSH inc belts within the last 2 years, good condition etc. I supose the belts would depend on price i.e. I wouldn't go over say £2500 for one that needs belts very soon i.e. a year.