ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why is it pulling to the left

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

My clio is pulling to the left quite badly and I cant figure out why. I stripped down the front brakes on each side and both sides didnt show any signs of binding. I also got the tracking sorted today but its just the same as before.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

mk1 172

mine did this

in the end i found out that it was my bearing that had gone, is the car making a woooooo noise from inside ?

cheers

darswold

mine had odd springs fitted, one side two inches bigger than the other, cant tell till you take them out though, may be uneven tires or a camber problem.

or fat girlfriend of course if she has a tendancy to lean out the window

I had this same problem as well, seemed to have been sorted since I had the wheels balanced when the new tyres went on last week... although bit concerned about a bearing as it makes a juddering sound when Im pulling left into our drive way sometimes, but that also appears to have stopped since the new tyres were put on... anyone else had this problem...

Can I suggest what might seem really obvious, but check your tyre pressures! If theyre not even the car will pull all over the place.

Clio 172 Cup

my car is f**ked. Pulls all over the place. Very dangerous. Given up trying to find the problem.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Now im really confused. This morning I swapped the front wheels round to the opposte sides to see if it was a problem with them. Sure enough it starts puling to the right. So I took the right hand wheel to my local Budget where they said it was slighty buckled but not nearly enough to affect it and added 1 15 gram balance (all free of charge and i only 5 minutes!). Got home put the wheel back on and its still the same problem.

What else could it be if its not the tyre pressures, wheel balancing, buckled wheel,wheel bearingsor springs as its get very frustrating.

Thanks

haha john thats what you get for buying my wheels...er i mean:)

why dont you just put that wheel on that back like i had then?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Last thing i buy off your car anyway ya dodgy b*****d!!! At least I know how to tighten my wheels up!

Just put my old wheels back on and now its back pulling to the left so its going to a garage and they can fix it.

haha so it aint my wheels!

tbh i did tighten them, they just came loose:(

i hope my lights blow a fuse in your car or something!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Look you just need to stop being jealous cos ive not got a stalker who copies everything you do to make yours look soooooooo common! You just need to try to be a little different from the crowd!