ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

why is my 1.2 so bloody slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Blue Clio 182
I am scared when any car goes fast tho, When i was doing 120 it didnt feel like i was going that fast, thought i was doing 100 and when i looked i had to ask who ever was in the car to check coz i thought i was seeing things!!

140 in the clio was a bit scary especially with it being stripped lol...
120 in a 1.2 is guna be scary cos its guna be revvin its knackers off... 120 in the hybrid was steady driving ;)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
dont think extra weight makes much difference when it gets going because mine done 110mph with 5 big guys in it and it doesnt do much more than that with just me in it but trying to pull away at a junction etc it felt like it only had half the power.

straight line mine is boring slow but the feeling when your flat out at 110mph round a lbend watching the much more powerfull car dissapear and its all good lol

1.6 16v
awwww d easiest way to go faster is to buy a faster car mate! like a 2 litre or even the 1.6 aint that bad!

this is what im thinking of chucking in mine,

whats the 1.6s like matey

its not to bad! guite a bit of torque to get u going and a steady increase of speed to about 85 (dont really push it that much! got 120 out of her with 5 rugby players in it lol!

sounds good with a powerteck induction kit on it too!

Blue Clio 182
I dont always get 120 out of it only when i'm on my own or with 1 other person and if the boot is empty, my driving is good :)

BMW 328 Ci
I managed 120mph on GPS in my Mk1 Ph3 Clio 1.2, but that was down a hill, and it sounded like it was about to give up (I think the extra passenger and luggage actually sped us up, thanks Newton). And you have the same engine in the much heaver Mk2, no its not going to cruise at 100, I could just about hold 80 (which is a much better cruising speed than 100 anyway), any sign of a hill and it bairly held 70 with max revving.

Your not missing out on much anyway I go pretty much the same speed on the motorway in my V5 (good for 140) than I did in the Clio, its just nice to have the extra speed when you want/need it, cruising at 100 is just asking for trouble.

al

ST on the way...
this is what im thinking of chucking in mine,

whats the 1.6s like matey

its not to bad! guite a bit of torque to get u going and a steady increase of speed to about 85 (dont really push it that much! got 120 out of her with 5 rugby players in it lol!

sounds good with a powerteck induction kit on it too!

Have you done owt else to it matey? Was thinking about a remap.

1.6 16v
al, in a word no! want to upgrade the exhaust, cat back and lower her on coilovers! birthday friday so ill se what i get lol. remap????? tell me more?

al

ST on the way...
al, in a word no! want to upgrade the exhaust, cat back and lower her on coilovers! birthday friday so ill se what i get lol. remap????? tell me more?

Remember asking RStuning in leeds and it would add about 5-10bhp with a map.

Blue Clio 182
Gaz said it was spot on! :)

He forgot to mention he had his eyes closed all the time lol...
Its something about women and driving that scare me...if it was any lad drivin at those speeds i wouldnt flinch... i go out in my mates cossie all the time doing stupid speeds and i dont care... jus when a woman is behind the wheel... lol

i am the same I hate anyone driving fast men or woman, I am alright if i am in control, I have a few reasons to be scared tho!!;)

172 Cup
I used to own a 1 ltr citreon ax and I had 110mph out of that. I was going down hill and the wind was in my favour. I still think that to this day that car was possessed. I opened the bonnet once and the airbox fell off. I refused to open it again.

remap the ecu... adjust the fueling etc.... its a lengthy job thats why it costs so much, better off having a remap once youve got a few mods under the bonnet really to make it all more worth while..
I suggest:
Panel Filter, Decat, Exhaust, Headwork and a map (and if the inlet manifold is as poo as the 172 then get that worked on :))

1.6 16v
i got a powerteck induction kit and im happy with that was looking at exhaust systems but they all seem roughly the same! any help?

nope i was doing 115 at side of her n she fucked off!
any and all speedos are out at those kinda speeds anyway unless its verified by GPS

Status
Not open for further replies.