ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wierd black stuff? under carpets

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
can i remove this stuff? i presume its some sort of heat resistant material?

it looks like it weighs a ton and im on a quest to loose the wieght!

(the car is stripped no carpets etc so i dont think it will catch fire!

But how the hell do you get this stuff off?

MK1 Clio (soon to be V6)
It's sound proofing, isn't easy to get off. An ice pack (or frozen peas), hammer and chisel; from experience it's the only thing that'll work.

TeZ

Non RS : (
05flamethrower.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Are you on about the black glue like substance?

Or the thick soundproofing felt type stuff?

Breaking A 172 Replica
The black glue stuff is just there to stop rattling and stop movement.

As said above, if you can freeze it somehow it should just peel off.

80MPG BEEZA
you on about the black pads with a diamond pattern on? there's one on the boot floor on the left had side of the wheel well and others on the main floor pan? gonna get them off mine when i get chance :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I can get some tomorrow my love. At work all day today (until it gets dark....boooo :()

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
did the 172 cups cum with this aswell? cause was gonna strip mine out but not if its gonna be to much hassle.

1.6 focus zetec....
Just don this in my cousins valver and boy was it hard... we did a mixture of hammer and screwdriver.... angle grinder with a flap wheel on (which burnt a few bungs in the floor) and then a heat gun and scrapper!! Finished off with white spirits and all looks good...

M

mini-valver

Sharp wood chisel and hammer. I did it on my E plate Nova and it took f**king AGES.

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
any1?? does this cum on the lightweight 172 cups aswell? wanna strip mine 4 when i give `ben p` a race lol.