ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wierd brake disc wear?????

Clio sport 172
Hi all,

In january I had to replace all discs and pads on my 172 ff for the mot. The front discs were really badly worn on the inside edge. Prob about a 1cm lip along the outside lip and then a 1cm lip nearest the centre of the disc where the brake pads hadn't worn the disc as much as the middle of the disc. I think that makes sense. Any way since these have been replaced I am worried that the same wear pattern is occuring. Also when lightly breaking it feels like the brakes aren't smooth if that makes sense too. When I apply a little more pressure on the pedal this feeling disappears. Got my discs for gsf car parts and the pads from kevin coopers motor factors. Just the cheapest each place sold as money was tight at the time.

Sorry for the essay but wondered if anyone could help!!

Clio 172 Cup
Might have buckled shimms or something ... not sure have you checked to see if there are grooves are wearing into the new discs ?

Clio sport 172
on the new discs and pads it does feel like the discs are wearing more in the middle. The pads are wearing to that shape. Its almost like the inside pad is softer at the top and bottom so it wears quicker. What are the brake shims?

Clio 172 Cup
little metal plates that go between the brake pad and the caliper allow the pad to slide smoothley in the caliper but as they are then they can get buckled or bent over time and even brake up.

Clio sport 172
sliders were all ok i think. It is almost like the inside pads on each side are softer at the top and bottom. This wouldn't be anything to do with a wear indicator in the pads or something like that?

Dodgy one
This wouldn't be anything to do with a wear indicator in the pads or something like that?

Nope, Are you heavy on the brakes? My brakes were like that when i bought mine i'm guessing a steady driver before me, I stripped everything and regreased it all fitted new brakes, 2 years on they're still doing a clean sweep, They've come to the end of their life now, Well the disks have still half the meat on the pads