ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wierd vibrating when turning left...

Red Clio 172 MK2
When I turn left fairly "enthusiastically" over about 30mph I get a buzzing/vibrating sound from what sounds to be under the car towards the front left side of the car. It's definitely not the wheel rubbing.

It's been doing this for ages. Dealer couldn't see anything (ie It's not the tyre rubbing on the arch) and not got round to taking it for them to see it properly yet.

Anyone else had the same or suggestions

M

R35 GTR
if it is loose wheel nuts it might do, it nearly happened to me as 3 nuts had worked loose. Worth checking they are tight just to be safe.

It may be something else though.

Red Clio 172 MK2
It won't be the wheel nuts because I've changed a tyre since I first heard it and it still does it. Wheel bearings could be a poss though. Can I check them myself?

R35 GTR
Dj Marky MarK said:
It won't be the wheel nuts because I've changed a tyre since I first heard it and it still does it. Wheel bearings could be a poss though. Can I check them myself?
never done it myself, i believe they are cheap. pm edde he will know.

Jack the car up and if you rock the wheel from top the bottom if theirs any play you should be able to feel it, the wheel should also turn freely.
Is it a metallic noise you sure something else i.e the exhaust is not loose?

Bearing are around £25 a side

Check the wheel nuts. I've had similar problems before Clio wheel nuts seem to suffer from just come loose no idea why
Unlikly to be bearing you'd hear it all the time and would get lounder.
Check nothing catching on the wheel.
Check your driveshaft not cut or damaged.
Check your bottom ball joint.
Also check stearing arm and ARB/etc bushes but unlikly to be these unless you've done a lot of hard miles (well over 50k).

To check your baring although it won't be jack the car up and se if there any play in the wheel when it spins.