ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wife Gets The 172 Bug !

Clio 172 Sport 2.0
Bought my 172 p2 two weeks ago & the wife looked at me with horror when I rolled up on the drive, she was clearly disgusted with my choice of motor.

"It's old"
"Your to big for it"
"Your too old for it"
You get the idea !

This evening she drove it and all changed, as she plunged her right foot down to the floor a little grin appeared on her face. At that moment I knew she got it !

What she does not realise is that tonight was a one time event & if she wants similar excitement I suggest she gets that piece of S**t Fiat 500 Remapped !! ;)

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Haha my girlfreind always wants to drive my clio and says I can have her 206 1.4 for the day......... Get f**ked!

Last edited:
I let my Mrs have a go in the Trophy once, she screamed when she put her foot down (but carried on).

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
My mrs drove our phase 2 172 last night for first time since she was out on track driving it at llandow a week ago as Ive only just fixed the wheel bearing, and everywhere we went last night, even if just down to the shops seemed to involve her wanting to hear the RS2 screaming away at 7Krpm as she "had missed it", lol

She isnt a big fan of the phase 1 though, she always moans about the lack of bottom end torque compared to the RS2 car, as normally she only drives at around at low rpm anyway and TBH there is a fair old difference between them at that point!

I think that 172's make excellent sassy cool little cars for a girl TBH, nippy enough to enjoy whizzing around town etc even if they are a bit gutless on the open road, and got all the luxuries of most modern cars too, aircon/nice seats/xenons etc :)

I let my Mrs take mine to her work once and she said it was great. The only reason she don't take it more often is because she works for Tesco and her car is full of little dings.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
She isnt a big fan of the phase 1 though, she always moans about the lack of bottom end torque compared to the RS2 car, as normally she only drives at around at low rpm anyway and TBH there is a fair old difference between them at that point!

Get your inlets matched, Chip. Won't be the same as a RS2 for obvious reasons, but my ph1 came to life post-inlet matching !

Mk1 16v brooklands
My mrs loves my ph1 and now even more since the cams have been fitted.

I keep trying to get her to buy one

MrsDuck shared the 197 with me for about the last 6 months we owned it, she loved it, and infact I think she misses it more than I do!

Clio 182
I woke up one morning and told my wife I was selling my yz250 and my R6 because I'm treating myself to a new car, with that she had a grin from ear to ear as she used to worry every time i went out on my bikes. I told her i was getting a 182,

She looked at me with disappointment and disgust as she really wants another Impreza. Two weeks later I rolled up in a 04 plate 182 decked on KTR coilovers and a Miltec exhaust. She told me she was embarrassed to tell her friends and that she would not be giving up the space on the drive, how things change !!

I eventually had the opertunaty to take the wife out and she loved it, now she drives it more than me, any opertunaty she gets to go out she's gone in my 182.

Clio 172 Cup 03 plat
We both have clio's, me the 172cup and him ph1 172, I prefer mine as he has lowered his and not that comfy on the crappy roads round here.

I bought mines first and he drove it and not long after he had to have one too.

We love them and feel a little upset that one day they'll die (little tear in the corner of my eye)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Get your inlets matched, Chip. Won't be the same as a RS2 for obvious reasons, but my ph1 came to life post-inlet matching !

Ive got a set of matched inlets already mate which I was going to fit, and its also got hotter cams, but that phase1 has now been sold anyway (dropping it off later today), and a different phase1 will be replacing it in a few hours :)

Clio 172 Sport 2.0
Sorry Funk no offence !

She has a entry level 500, my Mountain Bike has more optional extras and my Skateboard has more BHP ! :S

Iceberg Clio 172
Same thing happened to me! Whenever she uses it now though it always comes back with considerably less juice! lead boot perhaps?!

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Whenever we go any distance by car I ask my wife which car shall we go in and she always says the 172. Her car is an 03 Astra 1.6 automatic which was originally my mums car. She doesn't drive the Clio very much because she finds the clutch pedal quite heavy but on a decent run she's fine with it. My daughters all say its the best car I've ever owned.

172cup
My wife is the same the min I block her in she always needs to go out "can I take your car" she didn't want me to buy it, To small , I'm to old for it (33) and the wheels are black she wanted me to get a type-r

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Today my mrs decided "as it's warmed up and on the right tyres already" she'd do her track session at donnington today in our turbo phase1 despite her originally planning to do it in our rs2 phase2.
so it's definitely not just us blokes that like Any excuse to drive something with a bit of power, lol.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
When I took it to RS Tuning recently they stalled it reversing it onto the rollers! He asked me if it was a competition clutch in it. I thought they were all like that.

W

WAR 23N

I let my missus have a go of my 182, she loved every second of it... she is now thinkin of getting an RS200

Think i'll be getting insured on that .... WINNING

197 Albi S11AND
The 2nd time I let my girlfriend drive my 197 was at the nurburgring she did a 9:48 and I was s**ting it holding on to the handle the next time she drove it I heard it coming down the road before I saw it!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The 2nd time I let my girlfriend drive my 197 was at the nurburgring she did a 9:48 and I was s**ting it holding on to the handle the next time she drove it I heard it coming down the road before I saw it!

Sounds like a cool mrs.
Although still a minute to come out of that time if she has a load more goes. Then you really will be scared. Lol.