ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WILL 172 sport alloys fit my 1.2 16v clio??

1.2 16v 56 plate
will 172 16" sport alloys fir on my non sport 1.2 without problems, heard a few people that have had issues. Will i need spacers..if so what size and will there be issues with lowering it in the future.

Thanks

will 172 16" sport alloys fir on my non sport 1.2 without problems, heard a few people that have had issues. Will i need spacers..if so what size and will there be issues with lowering it in the future.

Thanks

They will fit fine

Spacers are purely for looks with these wheels on non-sports iirc

Unless you go pretty low then obviously spacers may be needed to prevent rubbing

As for size use the search function in the top right and have a look at the previous cars that have had those wheels on and read their set up

HTH

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
When I first put my 172 wheels on my dci I found they rubbed on the rear beam with 205 tyres. 5mm spacers would sort that out though, or use 195 width tyres. Worth checking as you fit them, but as spinksy says they will fit fine and won't rub anywhere else unless the car is lowered a lot.