ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will a 50" TV fit in a Clio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It'll be here tomorrow. w00t.

Sacked off the idea of transporting it in the car. No chance now I've actually measured out what 50" is. :eek:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
My bad, it's plasma, not LED. LOL.

The LED one in my price range was 42"

I can still cancel and got for the smaller, 42" LED... should I? :eek:

F*cking mong.

Only if Munson could have seen that quote. ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
No sh*t. I'm actually worried.

I sit about two feet away on this leather poof thing (yes, I know) to play games.

It's going to be ridiculously Alpha.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No sh*t. I'm actually worried.

I sit about two feet away on this leather poof thing (yes, I know) to play games.

It's going to be ridiculously Alpha.
Goodbye eye sight, hello alpha male.

2ft from a 50", LOL. you will actually feel like you're there. You'll be turning your head.

I sit around 14ft from my 50. I want bigger now though.

CAT5 has various uses indeed...

180297_10150420070730257_602190256_16987626_8222212_n.jpg

chumpmobile
gonna get some sick ICE? i would go with 60" personally, in the floor of the boot init...

w3stw00d styl3 y0!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Sold my old Samsung tonight. I'm currently rolling with a 13" portable. 720p? No. More like 4p.

Tried playing Black Ops on it. Gave up. It's 97% guesswork.

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
Goldeneye > *

Don't worry about your eyesight I sit about 2 ft from 47" makes black ops much more fun

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Have you tried playing GoldenEye since the internet was invented Revelz ?

C'ést IMPOSSIBLÉ.... Everything's the same colour and there's actually only about 12 pixels.

50" is for homos. Always go at least as many sizes as possible bigger than everyone tells you is the biggest you should get.

First rule of buying a telly.

BMW E46 330i Touring
The first rule is never listen to anyone who says a TV can be too big for a room. 50" is the smallest acceptable size for a 'main' TV nowadays when they're so friggin cheap. I'm currently about 3ft away from my 50".

Chris, you do realise that the TV will be bigger than you though, don't you?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
42" plasma wouldn't go in the back of my Clio (as they have to be stood upright)

Had to get a minibus to take me and the TV back to my flat from Richer Sounds :p

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It went in the back of the 133. LOL.

Just. F*cking just.

Changed my mind that same night and went for an LG 50" LCD.

All set up now and basking in the awesome of it.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Make sure you keep the contrast ad brightness nice and low for the first few weeks, especially if you're gaming quite a lot.

BMW E46 330i Touring

Apparently they need bedding in to avoid image retention whilst the panels are in their infancy. Whether this is rubbish or not, I don't know, but AV Forums bods seem to sweat by it.

Gaming seems to be thought particularly susceptible to IR as there is a lot of static images.

BMW E46 330i Touring
He got LCD though TBH.

My bad, it's plasma, not LED. LOL.

The LED one in my price range was 42"

I can still cancel and got for the smaller, 42" LED... should I? :eek:

F*cking mong.

Knows. Plasma FTW. I'm bedding in my new LG plasma and the picture is immense, even on low settings. Probably no better than modern LCD/LED screens but coming from an old Toshiba LCD, I'm amazed.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Was just going to say the same.

Plasma's are a b**ch to bed in. 200 hours I spent with low settings.

I'd hardly say they're a b**ch... I just stuck mine on THX mode and carried on as normal apart from running break in slides during the night to clock up the hours.
The only time you might get problems is if all you do is play games or leave it on news 24, 24-7 etc.

Mito Sportiva 135
Was just going to say the same.

Plasma's are a b**ch to bed in. 200 hours I spent with low settings.

Yeh I didn't on mine! Had it on vivid settings and because didn't have the net at the time played Peggle on Xbox which has a static menu (or rather my housemate did!) and took ages for the menus to fade after, say 30-40 hours of viewing. Just pleased it wasn't burnt as I thought it was to begin with!

BMW E46 330i Touring
'Vivid' on my LG is a horrific picture, really bright and false. 'Expert 1' with brightness around 45 looks perfect. Just a shame I'm still rolling with a lowered contrast for another few weeks.

Clio DCi 65
I couldn't fit my 50" Samsung into the car while it was in it's box.

Had to get my Dad's focus to move it.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
'Vivid' on my LG is a horrific picture, really bright and false. 'Expert 1' with brightness around 45 looks perfect. Just a shame I'm still rolling with a lowered contrast for another few weeks.
Who the feck use Vivid!!!!!!!

Yup I don't think any of my settings are above 55. I've had mine since December/November time.

Had a tiny bit of IR from BBC once, was actually my own fault. Went away within minutes. Pleased I was!

Status
Not open for further replies.