ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will megane 250 seat belts fit a 182??

LY R26, LY 182
As per the title...

Anyone know if seatbelts from the new megane (specifically the 250, but I would imagine they are all the same...) would fit the standard mounts/buckles in the 182?

Really really want yellow belts now like in the 250 cup!!! :)

Stripped yozza'd cup
I don't see why they wouldn't fit?
You could definitely make them fit with a bit of 'modification'

Guilietta 2.0 JTDM-2
I too don't see any reason why they wouldn't fit - a seatbelt is a seatbelt surely?

Just to prewarn you...when I looked into getting some for my 197 they were £200+ for a pair from renault!!

200 FF Storm Grey
They might not fit in the panels quite the same but always sand them down or something, the mounting point holes wouldn't be any different I don't reckon

LY R26, LY 182
Just to update you chaps, a company in Keysoe nr Beford re-web belts for about £50 each, and they can match the 250 belt exactly! :) http://www.seatbeltservices.co.uk/index.html

Just trying to persuade the mrs to have yellow belts, as she wants them to remain silver (but still re-webbed) so they are clean, not 6 years of grubby mits! Also, this company is all up to BSi etc and therefore meet all regs - don't fancy any 'mods' to what could or could not save your life... see me older thread about our 1st 182 - It can happen so not worth the risk, but this is def a cheaper alternative whatever colour I decide!

Do you reckon yellow belts will look good on a LY clio, prob would need to do 4 of the 5 (rear centre no point as always retracted)...

200 FF Storm Grey
I don't reckon mate, less is more for me. If I had liquid yellow id go for black belts as boring as that sounds.

LY R26, LY 182
I don't reckon mate, less is more for me. If I had liquid yellow id go for black belts as boring as that sounds.

Yeah I just can't decide! Part of me wants some small mods, but then I am also thinking I just want to keep the car standard, but just renew the older worn parts to make it a really nice example. Me thinks the latter is beginning to win!

LY R26, LY 182
I'm gonna try and got to the place tomorrow and see if he will let me place a yellow belt in the car, to see if it goes ok and looks good. Alternatively I was going to just go for silver, but thought the best way to check what was best was put the yellow belt in the car...