ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams 0-100 time

This has probably been discussed before but does anybody know what the 0-100 time is for the Williams clio? I have seen 20 sec dead but also 18 secs dead.

According to Media player, Craggys is about 17.5seconds, but this isnt very accurate! Need some AP22 runs!

Daz.

Craggy did a 0-100 using an AP22 last summer in his Williams and that was about 17.4 seconds if I remember rightly.

Rhys

I think the autocar test was 20 secs but in the wet. It was about 20.8 or something and 7.7 to 60, both on a wet track so in the dry should be quicker.

mk2 172

17.3 mate with a huge passenger;), also a 16.95, also an 18.7 with 2 passengers. a 15.0 1/4 mile @ york. then i did a couple more select mods and im 99% certain it was 15. something to 100. it kicked arse of just about anything anyway! seeing me into the 14s on the 1/4 mile

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

My 16v does 0-100 in 18.6 seconds (with a passenger).

The book speed is about 22 seconds.

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

20 seconds ?????????????

Ouch thats tooo slow !!

Who was driving it mrs marpel !!

Mine was quicker than that standard, god only knows what mine does now ???

Any estimates would be greatfully recieved !!

i dont know how a 2ltr cant outpace a 1.6 with next to no torque, i raced a williams in my old valver and it was pretty rapid.

mk2 172

never got chance to run her with a service and that sh*t air filter i had tho would have been interesting to see if there was any difference.

mk2 172

if it was santa pod it would be about 98 mph lol or crail 110 lmao, there mph indicator thingy is way different

mk2 172

well mate, i have a video of me doing a 0-105 at 19.2, or 0-100 in about 18 flat. this was on a icy road, you can see me spin in second on the vid

mk2 172

daz, there is an updated version of the williams 0-100, which was 17 secs flat, again with a passenger on sh*t roads. iv no doubt whatsoever it is capable of the high 15 seconds 0-100 on good launching ground.

mk2 172

my williams would gobble up my VTS im sure as i caned two before, they were good to 60 but come third gear it was au revoir, although mine is also capable of a 14.8 1/4 mile @ york so...............

Craggy - what modifications did you have on the Willy when you did the 14.8 1/4 mile? Did you have the rear seats out then?

Really want to buy an AP22 but cant bloody afford one right now :-(

Rhys

mk2 172

rhys, ran 15.0 de-cat and fully loaded with trim

ran 14.8 with scorpion zorst, back seats out and HIllpower chip. think a chip needs mapping to the car to be honest as i just had one plonked in. sure with the weight loss and exhaust i could have seen that time

320d M Sport

is taking the back seats out a bit cheating though? I mean thats not really day to day stuff is it?

mk2 172

by that i mean the regular 1/4 milers off the forum!

ged only hada seat and his steering wheel lol

ah yeah, i didnt have a rev counter either which makes things tricky

mk2 172

yes mate, saying that my saxo seats will *probably* be staying in. but on the 1/4 mile no one gives a sh*t what you do to get a fast time, youll get the same respect if you could do 13.5 with an elephant in the boot or without. its your time no matter how you achieve it.

320d M Sport

hmmm, i still think ill get the old "your cars onlt fast cos u took the seats out" thing? Dunno, if i dont do it and everyone does ill feel a nob and probably get a cack time?!! Ill have a dummy run this weekend

LOL taking the back seats out is par for the course! Separates the men from the boys but its just a first step, if you wanna get serious about quarter miling you run little wheels on the front, strip out the interior, leave the spare wheel at home, run 1/8 of a tank of petrol etc, and its definitely not cheating, its the only way to drive!

ran 14.885s with my back seats in, willy engine, hill power chip, induction kit, stainless exhaust.

would love to try ome runs with the ap22 gadget!

If i ever get the cash im getting a AP22, i took my williams out for a proper run for the first time tonight and once up the top of the revs its a lot faster than all my previous cars (Fiesta RST, RS1800, Golf 16v mk2 Gti). Even my chipped Fiesta wasnt much faster if at all - ill need to get a AP22 to really find out how quick this thing is.