ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

williams limit and top speeds

ok ive found my limiter is at 6500rpm and in 2nd n 3rd gear im hitting the limiter at roughly 57mph and 82 ish mph that sound about rite? i haent tryed 4th or 5th yet and 1st is to quick lol wats the easyiest way to up the limiter a little only a few hundred rpm just so i can change then

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels

U get that car RAGGED!!! You will need a big stretch for 5th gear, I reckon a Williams is good for 140 easy.

lol i dont rag it at all, tbh just wanted to see wat it does out of intrest, just learning wat is best time to change gear n all that

C

chip16v

i f you want to raise the limiter get a stage one chip fom hill power i think it takes it two 6900 rpm. this woul allow you to change at 6500 with hiting the limiter and getting pissed off

ill have to look into that, thats the problem though i was about to change gear then i hit the limiter even though it still feels like its pulling !!

yup, but u get use to it

those in gear mph figures sound spot on

100 in forth

then 5th is good for 40 mph, or until u start bouncing of the limiter (which it will)

mine quite often bounced of the limiter in 5th going up hill lol

ah thats good to know with speeds!

suppose ur rite i will get use to changing earlier so i dont hit limiter

P

peterh2

Or if you want you can swap your williams for my valver so you can rev all the way upto 8k ;)

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Those in gear speeds seem to be right. On my private test track Ive been past the 6500rpm limiter in 5th it seems to be coming in at around 135-138 on the clock. I imagine a standard williams could hit the limiter in 5th as the gearing is quite short with the 6500rpm limit.

williams and trophy

mine differs in 5th...sometimes 135 on clock, sometimes 142 ish......(confirmed with others)

all the other in gear speeds sound spot on tho........uphill , downhill, dont matter it will still hit limiters in top lol