ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams manifold Vs Valver manifold

As some of you may already know, im having a williams engine fitted in a few weeks. Im also going to be keeping my 16v manifold. Can anyone tell the advantages / disadvantages in doing this? I have been told a valvers manifold is a bonus becuase you get more peak power in higher revs with a 2ltr. So evidently does this mean the williams one would give me better low down torque ?

Cheers,

James.

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Other way round the 16v manifold being a 4-2-1 will give you more torque. While the willy manifold 4-1 will/might give you top end. Its the 16v manifold you want to use though.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Thought the 16v manifold would not attach to a Willy head. Thats why Im looking at getting just the bottom end. Could be wrong though.

Cheers Steve,

Matty - think you maybe wrong there m8, Nick Hill is doing my convertion and advised i keep the 16v manifold which lines up 100% with the williams one. Think the heads on the 16v & williams are the same anyway apart from the williams having slightly larger valves?

I THINK IVE HEARD SOME ONE ON HERE SAY THAT THE 16v MANIFOLD WILL PRODUCE MORE TORQUE, AND THE WILLIAMS MANIFOLD IS MORE OF A FREE FLOW.

BUT DONT TAKE MY WORD FOR IT.

DAVE