ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WILLIAMS TICKING NOISE

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels

When I started it this afternoon it had a ticking noise which I presume is the injecters?? It has been stud for a week but I only use it weekends and havent heard it or noticed it before.

I know from when I was looking for a Valver a few years ago that one I looked at in a garage was pretty noisey cause that had been stood for a while.

Just after peoples opions for peace of mind please.

its normal and will just be the followers pressuring/filling with oil again after being stood so long. Nothing to worry about.

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

It takes a few seconds for the oil to be fully pumped around the engine on startup. It Could of been that. Did it make the noise for long ????

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels

Thats what I thought the oil just needs to get round, but I left it running for a few minutes and it didnt go away, Ill be using it next weekend to go up to the lakes so Ill see what its like after a run.

Lazy Tappets probably.. they all have it.. (usually).

After a run, youll find its pretty silent again..