ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams tracking - stressing me out...

I've posted over on WC but thought I'd post here as well, as I know that the super-knowledgable edde may be able to shed some light on things... ;) lol :) :cool:

I recently had the tracking laser-aligned as I'd had a bearing and driveshaft done and I think that put it all out. It certainly was handling a bit weirdly afterwards! lol

The problem I have is that it now feels a bit 'floaty' - it doesn't want to turn it, it wanders around under power, and it doesn't feel planted under braking or during cornering :dapprove:

I've checked the settings they tracked it to against edde's very useful chart in this thread (thank you very much edde :) ) and it appears that mine are different?

I think they set it to 0degrees10' toe out? (I think that's how you write it - I don't know how you get the little degrees symbol to come up :eek: ) but edde's chart says toe in between 0degrees10' and 0degrees30'?

Could this be why it's fooked? I haven't got the "Before" sheet in front of me but I'm sure it was about 0degrees10' toe in when I took it to get done, and that didn't want to turn into bends either so now I'm confused:S

I just want it to work :(

Ball joints came on the brand new renault willy wishbones I got when I willified it about a year ago (I think?).

Track rod ends are ok afaik, tracking guy didn't say anything about them other than they were seized and needed oxy to get them loose lol

Clio 16V mk1 ph2
Just take it back and ask to look at all the gauges...Certainly shouldn't make it worse, unless you have a problem with the steering rack. Did it pull or anything before you had it looked at?
Thing is, if it's been lowered, the tracking will never be spot on.

Take it back and get them to check and setup as per the guidlines and check it done right (sometimes best going elsewhere).

It's one of these Hunter 4-wheel laser setups that I've used before - last time it came out great but they seem to have used different settings this time :S

Last time (apologies for the tiny pic):
CIMG3749.jpg

This time:
DSCF3828.jpg

One appears to be toeing in and one appears to be toeing out? I think the different model names at the top might be a bad sign...

The thing is that this time round, before it was set up, it looked like this:
DSCF3826.jpg

which is very similar to when it was set up last time, but it was handling possibly worse than it is now as it *really* didn't want to turn in and was following cambers etc shockingly badly. It's not tyre pressures as I keep them topped up regularly, so I think it might be steering rack, as suggested above and on WC :(