ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

willwood brakes

DO me eyes lie or wtf! What is THE PRICE for big kit (clio williams) ? I cant imagine whole lot cost 365 £ - even net. wtf! then? The price would suggest theyre crap = are they crap? Anybody used, or seen or driven car with ones?

- this should fit straightaway into a valver? or are there any diffs between 16v and Will?

http://www.raldes.co.uk/2003/page021.jpg

willwood = good

they are american and very competent rd calipers with good dust seals. I have tried showing this long time ago, but gave up.

Willwood are used by most Nascar and oval racers.......its NOT bad kit...

good price too.

Mate has them on a Seat 20vt ibiza and they are amazing. They stop you in no time.

Dont think that price includes disks and pads though

Thats what I thought too... wilwood=good... but the price really was a big THUMP... wtf i thought - HISPEC cost 642 with 300mm discs. Here I have slim 310mm at only 365£ - what is wrong then?
Does New SPL 4 mean they;re new superlights 4 pot?
WHy are they so cheap? wheres the catch?... Dou You know what is included in the set?

I mean I dont care for hoses - I can have them custom made for around 10 £ a piece... fluid too...

Can nyone check if the price - this pic is from Raldes is correct? I read that Raldes is a wholesaler mainly.. do they sell retail as well?

I ask You for this, because its often easier for You (then me - poor Pole, about whom no one cares) to get response from british companies,

Raldes or Ralley Design are a good company and i have bought off them lots. They are retail.

No catch, they are mass produced hence their price is low. They are generic calipers with specific mounts, thats the only diff. Like i said, used in everyt form of US motorsport, proven over the ages.

new superlight is the billet 4 pot, midilight is another 4 pot but had beter dust seals, but i think the 310m willy SPL kit has gone up a tad in price...but still Cheapo...

Stupid question then ;)

why did Nick buy HiSpec? the looks? orwhat?

damn... I want these brakes..! now! ;) I got sick... I want them... god... :) but then I dont have enough to tune the engine... :( arrrgh.

dont know if he looked at these......

or possibly for the silly silly sized discs hes runnig under 18s.........

BMW 320d Sport

Because they are 325mm diameter 8-grooved discs, 30mm thick and vented. The 4 pot calipers are huge. Plus you get the new mounting brackets and bells you need all made of the same billet alloy. Its a lot of stuff. I did look at Willwood but it just seemed a big hassle having to shop around and get all the different bits and pieces, whereas the Hi Spec factory is only down the road from me and the kit is designed specifically to include everything you need. Just more convenient really. If I ever need a new disc, I just ring up Hi Spec and they make a new rotor for me, which I just bolt up to the bell.

Yeah for your cosmic 18s 310 arentsurely enough.. and for the POWER that will come hee hee...

So... Nick - if You know... what does wilwood kit consist of? if You say that one have to look for different parts to fit ?

I see word KIT, but nowhere it is explained what does it mean - rotors and calipers?or bells rotors calipers brackets bolts pads...?

Ben - You seem to know wilwood sets well - Is there anybody that produce discs/pads to fit wilwood kits - lets say this 310 one. I think Ferodo and Mintex or EBC should produce pads for Superlight possibly the new one aswell, but te rotors?

This would be really a hassle if, each time I wanted pads/rotors changed, I needed to order them here in UK a month earlier than they need to be changed and pay all the ridiculous transport cost.

now... I understand that the KIT has all (as this is a kit... they name it) neccesary stuff. but it uses one-piece discs - not bell and rotor... am I right?

If I want a bell and rotor combo then I need to buy a bell, with correct offset - eg. use blank one from wilwood, and machine them to spec. and then buy correct rotors - is that right?

OMG... Im so confused - I think You may have noticed... sorry for this.

Does anyone know, or can check what is this wilwood kit? They don;t seem to have mail, and for me to phone England is extremely expensive...

Everything is provided for, they have discs, they have pads, they have calipers and they have mounts, or they would not name specific cars.

You can easily send them a fax or telephone.

BMW 320d Sport

Fair enough, Ill be the first to admit Im not sure what the kit contains, I was probably being stupid but the listing for it didnt make it clear what you actually got (Ive got a raldes catalogue somewhere as well!) Possibly its a solid disk rather than a bell and rotor setup, but if it is a complete 4 pot kit then it sounds like good value if its under £400. Just as a comparison, Hi Spec do a 4 pot kit with a 285mm disc for just over £500. Last thing Id say is check that the WIlwwood prices include VAT, although I suppose only UK buyers will pay that?