ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Willy Mods

RenaultSport clio v6 255

Asking for some assistance before my Willy 1 goes off to the nice lads at BB Performance for some fettling!

The clutch has gone so getting an uprated one with a soft pedal conversion - necessary???

then a decat fittteh to a magnex cat back , it was loud to start with - will that loosen my fillings??

Basically, i would like to do some mods to the Willy, what suggestions do people have, maily performance related, not too keen on cjanging the face of my beauty!! :confused:

What are you looking for exactly, and extra 10-20bhp, 200bhp!???

soft pedal conversion, um......are they heavy to begin with, mine aint.....

Williams 2, STi N12

Yeah forget the peddle conversion, I have that same clutch fitted and the peddle is fine.

Personally I would keep it as is mate, I took a visit down there and was very dissapionted in what I saw, they will just slap on some off the shelf bits which you can do yourself anyway. If you want some serious power then send the head away to somebody that KNOWS what they are doing and have some porting done.

heh, i dont know what its like without, but i have it with and its well good, not stupidly light but apparently without it really springs back at u, pain for town, anyone confirm ?

Ei, standard clutch can be a bit of a pain in traffic, especially if youre 6" plus like moi. That said, out of town the standard clutch seems pretty well balanced to me - not too heavy so that you have to ram youre foot through the floor, but not too light so that it feels like a wet lettuce leaf!

But thats just my opinion and Id be interested in hearing what others think - anyone experienced both standard and "performance" clutches on a Willy?

As for other mods, then Id agree with Anders - leave it alone. Certainyl I don;t think youd benefit from messing about with the suspension and cosmetic changes are just criminal, so that just leaves engine mods - take a gander at http://www.hillpower.co.ukwww.hillpower.co.uk, heard those boys know what theyre talking about.

Quote "especially if youre 6" plus like moi."

LOL Mike if your only 6"s tall then you are doing well with any clutch! Then again if you are using 6"s of something else I dont want to know;)

Clio 197

I wouldnt mess with it much. Maybe an Ecu that allows a bit more revs for those awkward moments. Clutch should be OK without the wimp conversion. The car is quite competent as is.

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Id leave the clutch allown and why are you upgrading it ??

Its good for 250 bhp anyway !!

Get yourself and chip and a magnex De- cat !! The magnex is so much quieter and does not have that nasty rasping noise you get with other de-cats !!

Then get yourself some stage 2 work done and hey presto you have a 172 eater !! Just like mine !!

RenaultSport clio v6 255

Cheers for all th ereponce, th eclutch on mine has died, soooooo heavy get cramp in traffic ! so needs a new one, the chap in BB said i needed the uprated one of a willy - lies?? Not sure on th esoft pedal from reading.

On the chat of decats, do you need a SS exhaust before doing it as i had a magnex on it and took it off as v loud, worried i might need hearing aids with a decat?