ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

willy vs vts videos

Well, if thats the case then youll beat a 106 GTi, Williams, GT Turbo, VTS, Punto GT, 205 GTi 1.9, 172, ST 170, Fiesta RS1800, Fiesta RS Turbo and many other hot hatches with the same performance as a 16v.

Bring on the videos!

Zafira and GSXR

Quote: Originally posted by Ben H on 26 January 2003

Well, if thats the case then youll beat a 106 GTi, Williams, GT Turbo, VTS, Punto GT, 205 GTi 1.9, 172, ST 170, Fiesta RS1800, Fiesta RS Turbo and many other hot hatches with the same performance as a 16v.

Bring on the videos!
106 GTI = no

williams = no

GT Turbo = some

VTS = kept with one on the motorway

Punto GT = never tried

205 1.9 = never raced

172 = wake up you ever raced one

ST 170 = never raced, not many about

RS1800 = never raced one but cant be hard

RS turbo = yes but only if they havent wound the boost out.

any more

Got to say, I have raced, along the a12 and the local bypass, many a vts and Not just beaten them, pissed all over them. I am not a great driver, just Joe average and have never had any troubles with vtss. Even when My Willy 2 was in standard form.

Bill.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

lol, my mate has a HDI and it aint a patch on the 16v. He drove mine when I first got it and was shocked at the performance.

Im up for a race with a HDI anytime, Where are you???

Toureg vW Transporte

yep with a bag of spanners under the bonnet u couldnt beat sh*t or drive a greasy stick up the back end of a dead dog,Im up for beating some oil burner,bring on the challenge, im sure theres a few others on here that are up for setting the record straight???:devilish:

Zafira and GSXR

How come you lot think 16vs are the bogs mutts they aint that fast. its just a replacement for nova boys.

Toureg vW Transporte

mmmm let me think,they made diesels for towing caravans and trailers.They dont call a 16v a hot hatch for nothing the same goes for vts,williams gti etc etc. u seem in a bit of a dream world mate

Toureg vW Transporte

In a dream world as i said,i havnt got any thing about peugeots, im sure the gtis and i know the rallyes are fast but i kno the diesels arnt, find one of ur guys around herefordshire and i ll be more than happy to prove my point

LOL Neil stop winding everyone up. I have to admit having "upped" the boost on my last car - a 16v/Williams isnt very fast compared - id say a warm hatch. R5 Turbo owners that play with the boost would find a 16v very very slow. I dont know much about diesels but my fezzie went from boringly slow (which i though was fast b4 - 133bhp) to just right (165bhp) Im know you can get this kind of power increase out of a N/A but it costs thousands usually. I want a willie because they are beutiful and drive like a proper hot hatch - speed isnt too much of an issue. You can boost up you 306 until it explodes but it still cannot touch a williams for heratage and respect.

Man, this is not getting us anywhere.

Come on Neil, you know the Clio 16v is a proper hot hatch. 0-60 in 7.7 and all the other stats/quantitative measures you can shake a stick at say so.

If you really did beat a 16v, then fair play. But dont expect people not to be surprised. And theyre really surprised when you claim to have beaten GT Turbos. If you can have a GT Turbo and a 16v, you can have a 172 - theres not that much difference.

Like I said in one of the posts on the Pug forum, loads of hot hatch drivers are surprised by TDs. But its especially surprising to hear that a car with 90bhp and stats that are more the rival of a Clio 1.2 in standard form supposedly beats 16vs.

where in hampshire?? im up for the laugh!!

oh and as for that list.....

106 GTI = never tried

williams = never tried

GT Turbo = some

VTS = beat it

Punto GT = beat it

205 1.9 = beat it

172 = never raced one

ST 170 = beat it

RS1800 = beat it

RS turbo = never raced one

oh and gti-6 = beat it off the lights and stayed the same distance all the way

Zafira and GSXR

Quote: Originally posted by Ben H on 26 January 2003

Man, this is not getting us anywhere.

Come on Neil, you know the Clio 16v is a proper hot hatch. 0-60 in 7.7 and all the other stats/quantitative measures you can shake a stick at say so.

If you really did beat a 16v, then fair play. But dont expect people not to be surprised. And theyre really surprised when you claim to have beaten GT Turbos. If you can have a GT Turbo and a 16v, you can have a 172 - theres not that much difference.

Like I said in one of the posts on the Pug forum, loads of hot hatch drivers are surprised by TDs. But its especially surprising to hear that a car with 90bhp and stats that are more the rival of a Clio 1.2 in standard form supposedly beats 16vs.
I have beat a couple but you lot call me liar and sl*g my Diesel off what do you expect me to say, you have never seem my HDI go so you cant comment. THe GT Turbo comes in more forms the basic ragged ones and other that have been looked after with adjustable boost to like 25+psi which would do a 16v a.

Toureg vW Transporte

yeah but no1 has been braging that a 16v would beat a gtt?? think its time for u to prove the point ben;)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Ben j on 26 January 2003

oh and gti-6 = beat it off the lights and stayed the same distance all the way
[coughs]

B0ll0x...

Zafira and GSXR

you lot seem hooked on clionovas if you drove a peugeot it world be the other way around. One day you will own a fast car.

is that all u can come up with?? clionovas?? sorry to say mate but the only decent thing peugot ever made was a 106 gti

Toureg vW Transporte

correct,and if all weve got to look forward to is driving a hdi, i think ill stick to my micro scooter ta, makes less noise

One day you will own a fast car
Yeah neil, my last car 920kg and 165bhp would be at 100 before your glow plugs has finnished warming up - peugeots are good cars, i owned one for 2 years, more rattles than mothercare;)