ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wind is Gay

Monaco Blue Mk2
:mad: Just got home to find a piece of flashing has come off our chimney in this stupid wind, only went and landed on my bonnet. Needs a respray but fortunately not dented by the looks of it. Any idea if that can claimed off house insurance?

:mad: Just got home to find a piece of flashing has come off our chimney in this stupid wind, only went and landed on my bonnet. Needs a respray but fortunately not dented by the looks of it. Any idea if that can claimed off house insurance?

Insurance company will probably say it was 'An act of God'

A chap at work has just has his side panel dented by one of those big SITA company bins. Happened to me last year in the wind, but managed to claim from SITA as they hadnt applied the brakes!

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
im a home insurance claims advisor ... the house is covered HENCE home insurance .., the car, well thats car insurance.
and "act of god" means f**k all. the house is covered for 'storm'

but u cannot claim off the home insurance for damage to a car

Clio 172 mk2
Sorry to hear about the bonnet

Wind is no where near as bad as that storm back in 1987..now that really was windy.

Monaco Blue Mk2
Didn't think there'd be much chance of claiming off the house insurance. I'm certainly not claiming off my car insurance. Marvellous, that's gonna cost me about a ton just for paint probably, i'd take it off and re-fit myself but have heard the bonnets a hard job.

Clio 197
Think you have to get a new bonnet cos it cheap way to do it. They are hard to remove the dents on bonnet and cost bills to fix it!

sorry to hear that mate and hope you get sorted

172 Cup
Sorry to hear about the bonnet

Wind is no where near as bad as that storm back in 1987..now that really was windy.

Hey Neil, sure it wasn't 86? just remember a really bad storm at night while i stayed at g-friends in bracknell. trees down everywhere, most damage i've every seen by storm:S

Mustang, S13, AX GT
heh, just opened my door to have my door fly open and the door skin pulled off under the wing mirror and the skin to crumple. I'm speaking to insurance as it was a door skin replaced in my crash in Sept, that shouldn't have happened....

133/225/CLS AMG
My missus has just had to take a work colleague to hospital as he's been hit in the face by a wheelie bin that blew at him.

Two black eyes and forehead's all split open..............damn funny though!! lol

LY V6 with Recaros
My missus has just had to take a work colleague to hospital as he's been hit in the face by a wheelie bin that blew at him.

Two black eyes and forehead's all split open..............damn funny though!! lol

That's horrible, but I couldn't help pissing myself when I read that!! Shouldn't really, will probably happen to me now!

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
My dad is stuck in London as all trains out have been cancelled.

Do I get in the Clio and go in for a resuce or tell him to find a place to sleep for the night ? :(

Black 182 + Recaros

I'm sure the work colleague didnt find it funny :(

Those wheelie bins a f**king nuisance. Always falling over in the street.

Black 182 + Recaros
My dad is stuck in London as all trains out have been cancelled.

Do I get in the Clio and go in for a resuce or tell him to find a place to sleep for the night ? :(

Stay away from your car mate.

I heard that the MD of Birmingham airport was killed this morning. Drove into a small tree apparantly.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
My bonnet got mashed at work on friday.

Not happy to have the dents 'repaired', [you'll always see them] so I'm having a new bonnet, sprayed and fitted, make sure paint finish blends into wings nicely. Couple of stone chips will get sorted on the bumper same time;)

Works paying the bill.

Renault approved bodyshop, use the original Ixell paints used by Renault, comes out at £350+VAT.

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
there is this tall mother-fucker of a tree about 15ft away from my house.

im just waiting for it to fall on my car.