ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

window tints, help please

clio 182 'full fat'
yes i already know about 90% of you guys on here are strongly against window tints, however i like them :rasp:
im getting them done soon but cant decide on what to get (182 arctic). don't want the limo black van look and am fully aware touching the front windows is illegal.
please suggest which combo you would pick - either 1,2 ,3 or 4 and please no one saying no tints at all cos Ive heard it before ha ha.
1. light tints all round (5 windows)
2. light tints on 4 sides and medium tint on rear
3. light tints on 2 front and medium tint on rear 3
4. light tint on back 3

any other suggestions please comment and if anyone has any picks of tints on an arctic then please post so i can see how good or bad they look

cheers;)

1.2 Dynamique
I'd go with number 2 mate...

Parking in the dark is a pain in the arse with dark tints!! lol...

Probably really light on the front and then smoked tint at the back,

1.2 Dynamique
I wouldn't go completley limo on the back....just do it so theres not a HUGE difference between the back and front...I wouldn't do the front windscreen though. Just do the rear screen the same as the back windows

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
id say 1!

keeping it even all the way around will keep it looking standard!!
(unless you have some reason that you want the rear screen slightly darker)

Weo

4 will look the best by far,
bear in mind you wont be able to deal your Drugz though :rasp:

Milltek'd clio 182
i havee limo tints on the back 3 windows, and regret having them dark, go with a light smoke all round , looks smart but not chavvy :)

clio 182 'full fat'
ok ive made my mind! cheers guys im getting light tints allround, think i would have gone limo if my 182 was a BG tho.
ill post a pic when its done:cheers:

clio 182 'full fat'
yeah mate, ill let ya know, could you post a pic of yours for comparison? should have mine done this week or next. been quoted £110 for all five by a reputable company, this seem decent? think i paid £90 last time for back 3

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
how mine used to look

DSCF1508.gif

Liquid Yellow R27
I would say 3 or 4 to be honest. I had limo black tints on my last clio. They were to dark really. I will probably get much lighter tints just on the back 3 windows for my new car. Might get the front 2 windows very slightly tinted, but not sure yet.

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
im going for a limo black on all back three on my silver clio. but i am aware there have been alot of complaints about them so i am going to try them out and if i dont like them get a light smoke tint on them.

clio 182 'full fat'
im going for a limo black on all back three on my silver clio. but i am aware there have been alot of complaints about them so i am going to try them out and if i dont like them get a light smoke tint on them.

post some pics when there done mate

(s)Low Dynamique
I've got a black 1.2, with limo tints on the rear 3. It is mainly for privacy reasons ;P But I think black cars can pull off limo tints better than any other colour...

cimg2814.jpg

cimg2836q.jpg

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
I've got a black 1.2, with limo tints on the rear 3. It is mainly for privacy reasons ;P But I think black cars can pull off limo tints better than any other colour...

cimg2814.jpg

cimg2836q.jpg

it just looks like a van,

i got limo tints on my rear 3 when i was a little chav, they look terrible so i ripped them all off

and why when everyone says how bad its going to look, and how bad it looks in various pictures,
do people still insist on going for limo black tints!?

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
it just looks like a van,

i got limo tints on my rear 3 when i was a little chav, they look terrible so i ripped them all off

and why when everyone says how bad its going to look, and how bad it looks in various pictures,
do people still insist on going for limo black tints!?

because its there car

(s)Low Dynamique
Tints aren't chavvy! They are just an acquired taste! People's opinions should be respected to be honest, you either like tints or you don't!

Clio MK2 1.2 16v
DSC02206.jpg

i have limo black on rear 3, did have light smoke on the front 2, light smoke has come off since the photo due to being pulled by cops with it only letting 29% light through. I still like the limo black, had no problems parking etc...

clio 182 'full fat'
at the end of the day get what you want, i like tints but do agree limo tints lol abit silly as you cant by law limo tint the front (then i would look cool)
im going for light tints all round as then they should all match well and not look too dark to get puled by the law! thats my theory anyway.
ill post my pics on friday

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
im more refering to rear limo tints tbh,

i think all round light tints look nice imo,