ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

window tints+problems with polish

just had my windows tinted at pentagon the other day, excellent job done by them, anyone else had their 172 done?

also im having problems trying to get the best result polishing, ive tried numerous polishes to get rid of swirl marks off the black paintwork on 172 but without any luck.any ideas?

p.s first time on the forum and new cliosport member!

Skoda Fabia vRS

which polishes have you used ?

i can recommend the pale green Zymol that Halfords sell, its the best polish ive ever used but not sure what its like on swirl marks

Meguairs scratch X is supposed to be very good, however Turtle Wax Colour Magic is probably cheaper and is also very good

could also try T-Cut/Safe Cut ?

ive tried colour magic,autogym, etc however someone mentioned zymol but this was a three course treatment which costs £80 anyone ever used this and is it any good?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

zymol stuff will be the best

if u go to http://www.sportscarworld.ltd.uk/http://www.sportscarworld.ltd.uk/

the bits u will need is,

zymol clear auto bathe (to was the car with) £19.00
HD-Cleanse (for preparing the paint) £19.00
Carbon Wax (for waxing the car) £39.00

they are all the products u need zymol recomend to use there some of there accessories to apply every thing, they are :

zymol sponge £5.00
wax applicator pads £6.00
zymol Towel (for after u use chamoise) £14.00
Microwipes £16.00

that little lot will bring u over 100 quid if u buy the sponges etc.

they do a starter kit for 99 quid which has all of the liquid products and the wax and some pads and a towel etc so i reccomend that, best 1 would be the carbon/vinal unless u have leather then go for carbon/creme.

hope this helps

MaLicE

Pentagon i believe do an excellent job but are very exspensive. mailto:M@thew">M@thew dont u live in Liversidge?

Give capuccino tints a ring-Not cheap but they do a mobile fitting service. £200 for a clio

£350 for it at pentagon but that was with some special security film

Hmm, Capuccino look quite good - they say from £120 on their site though! £200 isnt too bad..

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Pentagon are quite dear !! But i used em on mine and use em at work !!

They do i wonderfull job and i have never had any comebacks with their work and ive been using em for about 4 years now !! None of this peeling sh*te you can get with cheaper outfits !!

I do firmly belive that you get what you pay for in this life !!

Skoda Fabia vRS

mac1 go to Halfords first an get the Zymol that they sell, its a very good polish an smells gorgeous, an its about £8

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 17 April 2003

zymol stuff will be the best

if u go to http://www.sportscarworld.ltd.uk/http://www.sportscarworld.ltd.uk/

the bits u will need is,

zymol clear auto bathe (to was the car with) £19.00
HD-Cleanse (for preparing the paint) £19.00
Carbon Wax (for waxing the car) £39.00

they are all the products u need zymol recomend to use there some of there accessories to apply every thing, they are :

zymol sponge £5.00
wax applicator pads £6.00
zymol Towel (for after u use chamoise) £14.00
Microwipes £16.00

that little lot will bring u over 100 quid if u buy the sponges etc.

they do a starter kit for 99 quid which has all of the liquid products and the wax and some pads and a towel etc so i reccomend that, best 1 would be the carbon/vinal unless u have leather then go for carbon/creme.

hope this helps

MaLicE
MaLicE, Have you used this stuff ? it sounds like the dogs wotsits, just wondered if you had tryed it ?

the window tnits cost £300 not cheap but they did an an excellent job and finish around the dot matrix was spot on.

mine were done a tint4cars (by previous owner) part of the front window seal comes loose with motorway driving, so you do get what you pay for!!, although rest of the car is good